15-Minutes EV Rapid Charging Startup Exponent Raises $13 Mn in Series A Led By Lightspeed
|Arun & Amitabh with e^pump & Altigreen Vehicle|
- This is Lightspeed India’s first investment in the Indian EV space.
- All existing institutional investors – YourNest VC, 3one4 Capital & AdvantEdge VC also participated
- Company to utilize the funds to scale up the e^pump network to 100 location points per city, starting with Bengaluru; streamline e^pack production; and deliver more Exponent enabled EVs
- Exponent has developed the e^pump and e^pack, its proprietary charger and battery pack, that together unlock a 15-min rapid charge for 0 to 100% battery charge
- Recently unveiled world’s fastest charging electric three-wheeler in a partnership with Altigreen Propulsion Labs
Exponent Energy, a startup simplifying energy for EVs, recently announced that it has raised $13 Million in a Series A funding round led by Lightspeed, with all existing institutional investors such as YourNest VC, 3one4 Capital & AdvantEdge VC also participating. The amount raised will be utilised to scale up the e^pump network to 100 location points per city, starting with Bengaluru; streamline e^pack production; and deliver more Exponent enabled EVs.
Speaking about the investment, Harsha Kumar, Partner, Lightspeed said, “The need for enhancing EV battery performance, sustainability and most of all access and affordability has never been more pressing and so we are delighted to partner with Exponent to simplify energy for EVs. This team, with their drive and innovation, has made rapid EV battery charging possible in just 15 minutes. We are confident that the technology is a real breakthrough, allowing EVs to become ubiquitous.”
Commenting on the funding round, Arun Vinayak, Co-founder & CEO, Exponent Energy, said “We’ve really enjoyed thinking aloud with the Lightspeed team in all conversations leading up to the investment. We believe we have a great partner in them as we simplify energy for EVs – for an all-electric future.
|e^pump & e^pack|
Our technology already delivers a seamless charging experience, and with our vehicle partnership in place, we’ll scale-up our production and network presence to 100 e^pump location points per city to deliver freedom & flexibility to our customers. This funding now allows us to execute even faster and make 15-min rapid charging the new normal.”
Earlier this month, Exponent Energy partnered with Altigreen to make rapid charging a reality for eCVs on Indian roads. They unveiled the world’s fastest charging electric 3-wheeler that rapidly charges from 0-100% within 15 minutes. Exponent’s e^pack on the Altigreen neEV HD is uniquely built using regular LFP cell chemistry, making this the first rapid charging solution that’s affordable and scalable. Customer deliveries of Exponent Enabled NeEV HD will begin from October 2022.
Previously Exponent Energy has raised $6mn in Seed and Pre-Series A round from prominent investors such as the family office of Dr. Pawan Munjal, Chairman, and CEO, Hero MotoCorp (World’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer), Motherson Group, a leading global supplier of automotive components along with YourNest VC, 3one4 Capital, AdvantEdge VC and a few angel investors.
About Exponent Energy:
Led by Arun Vinayak & Sanjay Byalal, exponent energy aims to simplify energy for EVs. The company has built a battery pack & charging station called the e^pack & e^pump that together unlock a 0 to 100% rapid charge within 15 minutes for EVs with any number of wheels & provide a 3000 cycle life warranty – all while using regular Li-ion cells to make rapid charging affordable and scalable.
To know more, visit the official exponent energy website: www.exponent.energy
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023