Actress Kimberly Elise Celebrates The Overturning Of Roe V. Wade & Garners Mixed Reactions From Fans
The overturning of Roe v. Wade–the legislation that allowed women to freely and safely have abortions across the United States–has taken over the bulk of the conversations being held on social media. Actress Kimberly Elise recently shared her delight with the Supreme Court’s move, garnering mixed reactions from her fanbase.
Elise, most notably known for her role in Tyler Perry’s ‘Diary Of A Mad Black Woman,’ is openly Christian. In an Instagram post, she celebrated Roe v. Wade being overturned, seemingly tying the joy to her faith.
The actress shared bible verse Psalm 139:13-14, which speaks to predestination and God’s purpose as it pertains to bringing children in the world. She captioned the photo with the following message:
Millions of babies will be saved from death by abortion due to the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Hallelujah! #glorybetoGod”
Nearly 50,000 people stepped into The Shade Room to share their thoughts on Kimberly Elise’s post, and hundreds of others talked about the post on Twitter. While some fans slammed Elise and even alluded to her being canceled, others respectively disagreed and some even joked about the fictional character she portrayed being abused.
Kimberly Elise played the role of Helen in ‘Diary Of A Mad Black Woman,’– a woman scorned, battered and beaten by her husband Charles. Folks across Twitter joked about Helen deserving the abuse she received after her hot take on abortion.
Check out some of the reactions below:
Elise has since turned off her Instagram comments.
What are your thoughts on this, Roomies?
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- MullenLowe Lintas Group’s Next Era Subbu is the new Group CEO November 28, 2022
- WTF is Impedance? – ecoustics.com November 28, 2022
- ISB Executive Education and Emeritus’ Digital Marketing Programmes Hold the Key to Digital Growth November 28, 2022
- PropTech Firm, Homesfy.in, Raises $1.1 Mn from Marquee Investors Led by Girish Gulati, Ahead of Planned SME IPO November 28, 2022
- GlobalLogic Is Among India’s Best Workplaces in IT and IT-BPM 2022 – Top 25, as Recognized by Great Place to Work India November 28, 2022