A couple of months back, the world’s first NFT flight ticket was sold by Spanish airline Air Europa and TravelX – a blockchain-based distribution protocols company. Now in a latest, Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced the upcoming release of the airline’s first non-fungible token (NFT) collection, ‘EY-ZERO1’.
Etihad airline is launching NFTs to raise money for sustainable aviation fuel.
Being on the energy-efficient Polygon blockchain, the NFT ‘EY-ZERO1’ is set to be minted sustainably, and the Airways will be partnering with Aerial.is to track the CO2 emissions of the NFTs. Aerial.is is a sustainability platform that track and offset the carbon emissions of individuals, enterprises, and blockchains for brands, artists, among others.
In addition to offsetting the entire carbon footprint of the project, the airline will allocate all proceeds from the collection to purchase sustainable aviation fuel in 2022.
NFT owners will also be given advance access to upcoming NFT collections as well as future metaverse products which the airline has planned as part of its Web3 strategy.
- Centre of Excellence for Blockchain Technology Inaugurated at MIT World Peace University November 28, 2022
- India’s Tour of Bangladesh Attracts Multiple Brands, Innovation November 28, 2022
- HOSMAT Deploys Robotic Surgery Unit November 28, 2022
- Fairfax County, Virginia, Representatives Connect Indian Companies to U.S. Opportunities During a Mission to India November 28, 2022
- LucidSound LS50X Wireless Gaming Headset: Review November 28, 2022