Airtel Announces Winners of First “Airtel IQ Hackathon”
- Gurgaon based Green Receipt declared winners, Frazor BFSI from Udaipur declared second runner up and Delhi’s Vizard info announced third runner up
- Winners selected from a pool of over 9000 entries received from Students, Corporates and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s)
- Hackathon winners to work with Airtel on their product, engineering and GTM.
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s premier communications solutions provider today announced winners of first ever “Airtel IQ” hackathon. Gurgaon based Green Receipt, Frazor BFSI from Udaipur and Delhi’s Vizard Info were declared winners by the jury. The hackathon was launched in September this year with the objective of identifying and building new- age business solutions across five key sectors of economy such as BFSI, Retail & Ecommerce, Travel and hospitality, Ed-Tech and Contact centre which can potentially improve livelihoods and contribute to the sustainable and economic growth of the country.
The Hackathon received over 9000 entries confirming participation, from students, corporates and ISV’s. These were further shortlisted to 300 then to 23 in semi-finals from which 10 teams were invited to participate in a two-round finale.
The winners received a sum of Rs. 20 lacs as cash award and the best ideas amongst them are eligible to receive potential funding from Airtel’s Start-up accelerator program. All the participants can leverage Airtel’s core platform strengths of data, distribution, network and payments besides its partner ecosystem.
The Hackathon witnessed number of ground-breaking solutions aimed at solving real-world business and customer experience problems- from providing travel convenience, delivering English literacy curriculum to the students in the remotest locations of India, to enabling single-click payment of gas bills and others.
Speaking about the Hackathon, Mr Abhishek Biswal – Business Head, Airtel IQ said, “We are delighted with the scale and level of entries received in this hackathon. We are looking forward to working with all the participants- ISVs, developers to build innovative solutions. These robust, scalable solutions will help Enterprises, MSMEs to deliver world-class customer experience and further boost the ease of doing business in India.”
- Green Receipt – Gurgaon, Category – BFSI & Retail
- Frazor BFSI – Udaipur, Category – CRM
- Vizard Info – Delhi, Category – Retail and Hyperpersonalisation
The hackathon is part of a range of projects Airtel has initiated with the goal of developing and enhancing India’s technology talent and it will become an annual feature going forward.
About Airtel: Headquartered in India, Airtel is a global communications solutions provider with over 500M+ customers in 17 countries across South Asia and Africa. The company ranks amongst the top three mobile operators globally and its networks cover over two billion people. Airtel is India’s largest integrated communications solutions provider and the second largest mobile operator in Africa.
Airtel’s retail portfolio includes high speed 4G/5G mobile broadband, Airtel Xstream Fiber that promises speeds up to 1 Gbps with convergence across linear and on-demand entertainment, streaming services spanning music and video, digital payments, and financial services. For enterprise customers, Airtel offers a gamut of solutions that includes secure connectivity, cloud and data centre services, cyber security, IoT, adtech and cloud-based communication. For more details, visit www.airtel.in.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023