Alec Baldwin Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter nearly two years after accidentally firing a prop gun that killed a production assistant back in 2021.
On Thursday, prosecutors said the Oscar-nominated actor was charged in the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of the Western movie “Rust” on October 21, 2021, NBC News reports.
Baldwin, Several Other Production Members Charged In Connection To Cinematographer’s Shooting Death
Several other members of production have been already similarly charged.
The film’s armorer who was in charge of weapons on the set, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, was also charged with involuntary manslaughter, according to New Mexico First Judicial District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Prosecutors to charge actor Alec Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter in fatal shooting of cinematographer on movie set. pic.twitter.com/OUdv4PsElT
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) January 19, 2023
And “Rust” first assistant director, David Halls, agreed to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon, per Carmack-Altwies’ office.
Hutchins, 42, was fatally shot nearly 15 months ago during the filming of “Rust.” Baldwin had been rehearsing with a pistol for a scene set inside a church when the firearm went off, killing Hutchins and wounding the film’s director, Joel Souza.
Hutchins is survived by her husband, Matthew Hutchins, and their 9-year-old son, Aldous.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023