Amazon Invests ~$1 Bn in Increased Wages for US Operations Employees
Amazon is increasing wages for its U.S. operations employees—a nearly $1 billion investment over the next year—in addition to investing in new skills training and wage access programs.
Average hourly pay for employees in customer fulfillment and transportation will increase from $18 per hour to more than $19 per hour, with employees earning between $16 and $26 per hour depending on their position and location in the U.S.
“Employees across customer fulfillment and transportation will now earn, on average, more than $19 per hour in the U.S., and they also have access to a growing range of comprehensive benefits to support themselves and their families,” said John Felton, Amazon’s senior vice president of Worldwide Operations. “Continuing to invest in pay, providing easy access to earned wages at any time during the month, and offering great benefits and career advancement opportunities are all part of our long-term efforts to be the best employer in the world.”
Building on the commitment to create career advancement opportunities for 300,000 employees through 2025, Amazon has formally added an additional development program, Amazon Intelligence Initiative. This career advancement program is designed to place employees in engineering roles within Amazon Web Services (AWS), working to operate AWS’s Dedicated Cloud regions.
Employees participate in a 12-14-month development program to enhance their technical skills. These engineers then complete multiple on-the-job rotations with hands-on experience alongside top AWS engineers. The Amazon Intelligence Initiative provides participants with full-time employment during this training, with great pay and benefits. Once their time in the program is completed, employees are placed into the most appropriate roles.
Amazon employed 1.6 million people globally as of December 31, including warehouse workers who are paid hourly and office staff who earn annual salaries.
- Paint Protection Film Market Size is expected to reach at USD 869 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7%, Owing to Increasing Application in Marine Industry December 1, 2022
- Best Holiday Speaker Deals: KEF, Klipsch, ELAC December 1, 2022
- Congrats! Shamea Morton To Welcome Baby Using Same Surrogate Who Carried Kandi Burruss’ Daughter Blaze November 30, 2022
- (Exclusive) Yung Joc & Kendra Robinson Step Into TSR As She Clarifies What She Meant About Not Wanting Joc’s Sons To Follow In His Footsteps November 30, 2022
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size Will Attain USD 52.2 Billion by 2030 growing at 5.4% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 30, 2022