Andrex® joins forces with Bowel Cancer UK in life-saving awareness campaign – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
- 29 million packs of the UK’s best-selling toilet roll, Andrex Classic Clean, will feature a new QR code to help raise awareness of bowel cancer symptoms
- The new packaging, in partnership with Bowel Cancer UK, will appear in supermarkets nationwide from September
- Knowing the symptoms means that bowel cancer can be diagnosed earlier when it is more treatable and curable. Fewer than 40% of people are diagnosed at the earliest stages
- Andrex commits to making these changes across its entire portfolio within the next year, placing more information about bowel cancer symptoms in more than 1 in 3 homes in the UK
Right now, almost half of adults in the UK can’t name a single symptom of bowel cancer, despite it being the fourth most common cancer*. Andrex and Bowel Cancer UK are proud to announce a new partnership to raise life-saving awareness of bowel cancer symptoms.
To raise awareness, Andrex will be adding bowel cancer information, including where to find help on signs and symptoms of the disease, onto its packaging – a change which is taking place in its factories from July and will be visible across 29 million packs of Andrex Classic Clean from September. The ambition is to update all packaging on the full Andrex toilet roll range within the next year, over 90 million packs**. This means that potentially life-saving information will be available in more than 1 in 3 UK households.
Consumers will be able to scan a printed QR code redirecting them Bowel Cancer UK’s symptoms information on their website to find out more.
Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK and the second biggest cancer killer. The signs of bowel cancer you should be aware of:
- Bleeding from your bottom and/or blood in your bowel movements
- A persistent and unexplained change in bowel habit
- Unexplained weight loss
- Extreme tiredness for no obvious reason
- A pain or lump in your tummy
The brand is committed to a long-term partnership with the charity as part of their #GetOnARoll campaign and will make an initial £65,000 donation to Bowel Cancer UK. This will contribute to the wider work of the charity to save lives and improve the quality of life of everyone affected by bowel cancer.
Dan Howell, VP & Managing Director UK&I at Kimberly-Clark, said: “We’re incredibly honoured to partner with Bowel Cancer UK in helping to raise awareness of the disease through our Andrex brand. Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK with the second highest mortality rate. Our announcement today is just the start of our work with the charity, and we’re committed to making it an ongoing partnership.”
Genevieve Edwards, CEO of Bowel Cancer UK, said: “We’re thrilled to partner with Andrex to raise vital awareness of bowel cancer symptoms with people all over the country. It’s the UK’s fourth most common cancer, with someone diagnosed with the disease every 15 minutes in the UK.
“Bowel cancer is treatable and curable especially if diagnosed early, but 60% of people are diagnosed at later stages when it is much more difficult to treat. Part of the problem is low awareness of the red flag symptoms of bowel cancer that should prompt people to contact their GP.
“This brilliant partnership will help millions of people across the UK know what to look out for and will undoubtedly save lives.”
** The 90 million packs is the average number of packs across all core Toilet Tissue variants produced over a 12 month period by Andrex
- PhonePe Reportedly Close To Acquire Fintech ZestMoney for $300 Mn November 27, 2022
- Avoid This Stock or Buy This Stock on Sale This Cyber Monday? November 27, 2022
- Focal Celestee Headphones: Review – ecoustics.com November 27, 2022
- Katupalli Port, Part of Adani Ports, Procures Electric Vehicles ITVs November 27, 2022
- Hama, A German Electronic Manufacturing Firm, Enters the Indian Market November 27, 2022