Barbie Ferreira Announces Exit From ‘Euphoria’ After Two Seasons
Bye Bye Kat! ‘Euphoria’ star Barbie Ferreira announced that she will not be returning to the show for its third season.
In a post on Instagram, Ferreira announced that after two seasons, she’s hanging up the glasses, cat mask, and goth chic wardrobe she sported as Kathrine Hernandez. Barbie’s message was accompanied by “fan art” made by her costar Hunter Schafer, who plays Jules on the HBO show.
After four years of getting to embody the most special and enigmatic character Kat, I’m having to say a very teary eye’d goodbye.”
Barbie Ferreira announces that she will not return for ‘EUPHORIA’ Season 3 pic.twitter.com/GKqBp5BYyP
— UPROXX (@UPROXX) August 24, 2022
I hope many of you could see yourself in her like I did and that she brought you joy to see her journey into the character she is today. I put all my care and love into her and I hope you guys could feel it. Love you katherine hernandez.”
Fans followed the story of Katherine Hernandez, affectionately known as Kat, who was on a journey of self-love, self-expression and confidence throughout the course of seasons 1 and 2 of the show. She eventually finds the confidence to be her most sexy and body positive self before breaking her first high-school boyfriend’s heart.
Euphoria season 2 focused on the growth of much of the main cast, with Kat’s character taking a back seat to the drama. Alleged tension between Barbie and ‘Euphoria’ director Same Levinson was rumored to be the blame for the drastic cut to Kat’s storyline, but she seemingly shut down those rumors in an interview with Insider.
Sometimes, things take on a life of their own, and they’re not rooted in the truth, but it’s OK because I know it’s just out of passion and out of curiosity and all that good stuff. And I signed p for it. So, I’ll take it. I’ll take the good and the bad.”
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023