Brittney Griner Writes An Open Letter To The White House As She Asks President Biden To Help Get Her Home
It has been months since WNBA star Brittney Griner has been detained in Russia after she was accused of having vape cartridges with hashish oil in her luggage. Her trial in Russia began last week, and now she has sent a letter to the White House asking President Biden for his help with bringing her home.
T.J. Quinn of ESPN shared an excerpt of her letter where she spoke about freedom and what it means to her. In the letter, Brittney said,
“On the 4th of July, our family normally honors the service of those men who fought for our freedom, including my father who is a Vietnam War Veteran. t hurts thinking about how I usually celebrate this day because freedom means something completely different to me this year.”
She continued to say,
“I realize you are dealing with so much, but please don’t forget about me and the other detainees. Please do all you can to bring us home. I voted for the first time in 2020 and I voted for you. I believe in you. I still have so much good to do with my freedom that you can help restore. I miss my wife! I miss my family! I miss my teammates! It kills me to know they are suffering so much right now. I am grateful for whatever you can do at this moment to get me home.”
NEW: A letter from Brittney Griner was sent to the White House today, making a direct appeal to President Biden for her freedom. Representatives shared the following excerpts: pic.twitter.com/pvh4IpOfou
— T.J. Quinn (@TJQuinnESPN) July 4, 2022
ESPN shared that a rep for Brittney said they would not release the entire letter or share how her letter made it from Russia to the White House. She is scheduled to appear in court again on Thursday (July 7th). She has not yet entered a plea.
As previously reported, Brittney’s wife Cherelle Griner spoke out about her detainment during an interview with Robin Roberts back in May and also shared that she would like to speak with Biden about getting Brittney home. At the time she said, “I keep hearing he has the power. She’s a political pawn so if they’re holding her because they want you to do something, then I want you to do it.”
Brittney has been detained in Russia since late February.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94
- Paint Protection Film Market Size is expected to reach at USD 869 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7%, Owing to Increasing Application in Marine Industry December 1, 2022
- Best Holiday Speaker Deals: KEF, Klipsch, ELAC December 1, 2022
- Congrats! Shamea Morton To Welcome Baby Using Same Surrogate Who Carried Kandi Burruss’ Daughter Blaze November 30, 2022
- (Exclusive) Yung Joc & Kendra Robinson Step Into TSR As She Clarifies What She Meant About Not Wanting Joc’s Sons To Follow In His Footsteps November 30, 2022
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size Will Attain USD 52.2 Billion by 2030 growing at 5.4% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 30, 2022