CDC Currently Investigating “Fast-Moving” E-Coli Outbreak In Ohio And Michigan That Has Sickened Close To 30 People
It seems that with each passing day a new health crisis is putting Americans on high-alert—and the latest involves a reported E. coli outbreak impacting two states and counting. The CDC confirmed that it’s currently investigating a “fast-moving” an E. coli outbreak in Ohio and Michigan that has sickened close to 30 people.
@NYTimes reports, earlier today the Centers for Disease Control revealed that it has opened a formal investigation into an E. coli outbreak that has been directly linked to an increasing number of reported illnesses in both Ohio and Michigan. The CDC assured that as of now, no food has been identified as the source of the E. coli outbreak, which currently has sickened 14 people in Ohio, 15 people in Michigan and resulted in nine hospitalizations.
In addition to the CDC, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services elaborated on the issue, saying that in the month of August alone, it has received 98 reports of E. coli-related infections, which is up drastically from only 20 cases at this time last year. Michigan Chief Medical exec, Dr. Natasha Bagdasarian, said “While reports of E. coli illness typically increase during the warmer summer months, this significant jump in cases is alarming,”
The CDC is urging the public to be aware of the symptoms associated with E. coli infection, such as cramping, diarrhea, vomiting and fever. Once infected, symptoms are said to occur approximately three to four days later—although most people recover within a week.
In severe cases, those infected could possibly develop kidney failure, however no such instances have been reported at this time. The recent E. coli outbreak has sickened those between the ages of 6 to 91 years old.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023