CEO Of Spotify Says Company Is Considering Increasing Subscription Prices In 2023
Spotify may have exceeded its revenue goal for the year and increased subscribers, but there may be a price hike in 2023.
In a conversation with the Wall Street Journal, Spotify Chief Executive Daniel Ek said increasing prices in the U.S. “is one of the things we would like to do, and it’s something we will [consider] with our label partners. I feel good about this upcoming year, and what it means about pricing for our service.”
The increase comes after other streaming services– Apple and YouTube–announced a pricing increase for their platforms. Apple is increasing its prices by $1 to $10.99 per month. YouTube is raising its price of their Premium Family Plan from $17.99 to $22.99
EK also spoke about competition is suitable for their company.
When our competitors are raising their prices, that is really good for us,” said founder-CEO Daniel Ek on a conference call following its latest financial report. He said that Spotify has the lowest churn among its peers and offers “a great customer value proposition.”
Netflix Price Increase
As you know, Netflix also increased their prices in January.
The U.S., the subscription price for the standard plan increases to $15.49, the basic plan rises to $9.99 and the premium plan is now $19.99. A Netflix spokesperson spoke about the latest price increases.
“We understand people have more entertainment choices than ever and we’re committed to delivering an even better experience for our members. We’re updating our prices so that we can continue to offer a wide variety of quality entertainment options. As always we offer a range of plans so members can pick a price that works for their budget,” they said.
Roomies, what do you think of this?
- Paint Protection Film Market Size is expected to reach at USD 869 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7%, Owing to Increasing Application in Marine Industry December 1, 2022
- Best Holiday Speaker Deals: KEF, Klipsch, ELAC December 1, 2022
- Congrats! Shamea Morton To Welcome Baby Using Same Surrogate Who Carried Kandi Burruss’ Daughter Blaze November 30, 2022
- (Exclusive) Yung Joc & Kendra Robinson Step Into TSR As She Clarifies What She Meant About Not Wanting Joc’s Sons To Follow In His Footsteps November 30, 2022
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size Will Attain USD 52.2 Billion by 2030 growing at 5.4% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 30, 2022