CES 2023: Focal’s Vestia Loudspeaker Lineup Delivers Affordable High-End Performance
Focal is on hand at CES 2023 with an expansion of its home loudspeaker products with the new Vestia series; the affordable lineup includes five speaker models that are designed to deliver sonic purity and significantly improved treble reproduction.
The launch of the Focal Vestia Series, however, is not the end for the award-winning Focal Chora loudspeakers which remain in the catalog; a move that we think makes a lot of sense because of the high performance and value that they offer.
The five speakers in the Vestia line are:
- Vestia N°2, Vestia N°3, and Vestia N°4 floorstanding models.
- Vestia N°1 bookshelf loudspeaker.
- Vestia Center channel speaker.
In addition to improved sound quality, the Vestia line incorporates a visually pleasing design that blends in with any decor.
Inspired by Vesta and Hestia, the goddesses of the hearth and the home, Focal is offering the following finish options: Black High Gloss, Dark Wood, or Light Wood for the side panels, accompanied by a black or white leather effect for the front panels. Added finish details include metallic rings that surround the drivers. A matching grill is provided with each speaker for those that don’t like to have the cones exposed.
Being specialists in loudspeaker driver construction, Focal has chosen to incorporate its Slatefiber cone for the Vestia loudspeakers.
First used in the Focal Chora in 2019, the Slatefiber is made from recycled carbon fibers. This approach to cone material was well received by the market and Focal’s engineers have continued to update the technology since the initial launch. This has resulted in even higher performance capability, and was adapted for the Alpha Evo studio monitors and made available for in-car kits via the Slatefiber line.
Focal also incorporates its innovative ‘M’-shaped dome TAM tweeter to optimize treble response. This tweeter was first used by Focal in its car audio collection but has been adapted to work comfortably with hi-fi loudspeakers.
For additional support, Vestia loudspeakers include a front-directed port for impact and a rear port for extended low-frequency bass response.
Vestia Speaker Line Specification Details
|Focal Vestia Model||N°1||N°2||N°3||N°4||Center|
|Speaker Type||2-way bass-reflex||3-way bass-reflex||3-way bass-reflex||3-way bass-reflex||2-way bass-reflex|
|Woofer||2 x 6.5″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Woofers||3 x 6.5″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Woofers||2 x 81/4” (21cm) Slatefiber Woofers|
|Mid-bass/ Midrange||6.5″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midbass||6.5″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midbass||6.5″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midrange||61/2″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midrange||2 x 61/2″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Mid-bass|
|Tweeter||1″ (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TAM tweeter||1″ (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TAM tweeter||1″ (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TAM tweeter||1″ (25mm) Al/Mg ‘M’-shaped inverted dome TAM tweeter||1″ (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TAM tweeter|
|Frequency response (+/-3dB)||56Hz – 30kHz||47Hz – 30kHz||42Hz – 30kHz||58Hz – 30kHz||58Hz – 30kHz|
|Low-frequency point (-6dB)||48Hz||37Hz||35Hz||34Hz||50Hz|
|Nominal impedance||8 ohms||8 ohms||8 ohms||8 ohms||8 ohms|
|Minimum impedance||4.5 ohms||3 ohms||2.9 ohms||2.6 ohms||3.6 ohms|
|Recommended amplifier power||25 – 120W||40 – 250W||40 – 300W||40 – 350W||40 – 200W|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||8.6″x10.25″ x 15.25″||10.2″ x14.6
|10.2″ x 14.75″ x 44.25″||12″ x 16.8″ x 44.6″||21.2″ x 10.25″ x 8.5″|
|Net weight (with grille)||15.4lbs (7kg)||57.3lbs (26kg||58.4lbs (26.5 kg||69.45lbs (31.5kg)||22lbs (10kg)|
|Price (each) US||$599||$1,399||$1,799||$2,199||$699|
|Price (each) CAD||$769||$1,799||$2,299||$2,799||$899|
These speakers can be combined with the SUB 600P subwoofer ($1,399 US) for deep and encompassing bass.
In addition, tilted stands are offered that help the speakers provide an optimal and natural soundstage, that is focused on the listener.
- Stands (pack of two): $249 US, $319 CAD
- Center Stand: $129 each US, $169 each CAD
Price & Availability
Vestia pricing is listed below with availability January 2023 at Focal Powered by Naim Store Locations and other Authorized Dealers.
- Vestia N°1 – the superbly compact bookshelf model
- $599 each / $769 each CAD
- Vestia N°2 – the leading 3-way floorstanding model for uncompromising sound quality
- $1,399 each / $1,799 each CAD
- Vestia N°3 – the 3-way floorstanding model for balanced and vibrant listening experiences
- $1,799 each / $2,299 each CAD
- Vestia N°4 – the 3-way floorstanding model with two 81/4” (21cm) woofers, for deep bass with impact
- $2,199 each / $2,799 each CAD
- Vestia Center – the 2-way central model, which enhances the dialogue in your films
- $699 each / $899 each CAD
- Stands – $249 (pack of 2) / $319 (pack of 2)
- Center Stand – $129 each / $169 each CAD
For more details go to the Official Focal Vestia Webpage.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023