CES 2023: Yamaha’s 2000 Series Feels Authentically Old School Without Needing a Dragon
Yamaha has announced its new 2000 Series of Hi-Fi components, which will include two components as part of a complete stereo system for streaming music at home — a network receiver (R-N2000A) and floorstanding speakers (NS-2000A).
Will there be a 2000 series CD player or turntable as well? We think there is a strong possibility of that happening in 2023.
Although not inexpensive at $3,995 for the network receiver and $8,000 for the loudspeakers, the combo was designed to deliver what Yamaha calls True Sound – a profound musical experience so realistic that you feel as if the artist were performing right in front of you.
The R-N2000A Network Receiver merges the company’s revered analog Hi-Fi sound performance, build quality and design aesthetic with the latest digital, streaming and wireless capabilities.
The loudspeakers introduce a revolutionary, all-new design from Yamaha that brings patented technologies from the company’s flagship 5000 Series into a new price-performance tier.
R-N2000A Network Receiver
The build quality of the R-N2000A borrows heavily from the engineering of the flagship 5000 Series pre-amp and amplifier, including perfectly symmetrical right/left circuitry and a floating/balanced power amplifier to attain superior channel separation and signal-to-noise performance.
In addition to premium construction, the receiver offers the full suite of Yamaha MusicCast streaming services – including Amazon Music HD, Apple Music (via AirPlay 2), Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz and many others – all accessible through a convenient app. This gives you reproduction of high-resolution, lossless sound sources via a Wi-Fi connection.
A high-performance USB-DAC function lets you get the most out of your favorite high-resolution audio sources, while an HDMI ARC connection allows the receiver to be used with your TV. The receiver is equipped with YPAO™ (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer), which corrects for differences in room acoustics to create the perfect listening environment.
The design of the R-N2000A represents a perfect marriage of analog cool with digital convenience, offering illuminated level meters and gorgeously crafted front-panel controls together with an understated digital front panel display for quick reference of more detailed source and content data.
- Toroidal power transformer for spacious sound filled with realism
- ESS SABRE ES9026PRO Ultra DAC for ultimate high-performance conversion
- Mechanical ground concept maximizes rigidity for expressive and rhythmic bass
- Floating and balanced power amplifier and symmetrical construction
- MusicCast app for listening to your favorite music streaming services
- High-performance USB DAC function supports DSD 11.2 MHz native playback and
- 384 kHz playback
- HDMI ARC terminal for excellent TV sound
- YPAO™-R.S.C. and precision EQ for creating the ideal listening environment
- Gorgeous level meters convey dynamics and musical pulse with a nostalgic Hi-Fi era look
NS-2000A Floorstanding Speakers
The NS-2000A inherits patented technologies from the flagship Yamaha NS-5000 speakers and packages them in a 3-way, 4-driver configuration with a floor-standing form factor. Consistent sound tone color is achieved over the entire frequency spectrum by using the same newly developed material for each driver – a blend of ZYLON®, which has excellent sound velocity and minimal internal dissipation, and spruce, which is a preferred material in the soundboards of grand pianos.
The cabinet was designed for optimal dynamics using laser vibrometers used in instrument R&D and sophisticated FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis. Patented technology such as the Acoustic Absorber and Resonance Suppression Chambers ensure music is vividly reproduced without the detrimental effects of excess sound-absorbing material. The NS-2000A sports an all-new cosmetic design featuring gracefully elegant curves and an exquisite piano-black finish reminiscent of Yamaha grand pianos.
- Newly developed driver material blend of ZYLON® and spruce — for faithful tonal balance
- Cabinet construction is designed with vibration analysis technology cultivated in our crafting of musical instruments
- Yamaha patented Acoustic Absorber
- Yamaha patented Resonance Suppression Chambers for suppressing unwanted resonance
- Authentic piano black finish — adds to the luxurious joy of ownership
- High-quality crossover circuitry parts, including audio capacitors by Mundorf of Germany
- Solid brass speaker terminals for highly secure connection and a luxurious feel
“We have a long history and a loyal fan base for our Hi-Fi gear, and the 2000 Series ushers us into a new age,” said Alex Sadeghian, director of Consumer Audio for Yamaha Corporation of America. “We designed a real, high-performance receiver, supercharged it with cutting-edge technology, and then paired it with a new generation of speakers. We made an impact in the Hi-Fi community three years ago when we introduced the award-winning 5000 series; today, the 2000 Series makes this extraordinary listening experience more accessible.”
Pricing & Availability
The Yamaha R-N2000A Network Receiver at $3,999.95 MSRP, is available in two colors, black and silver. The silver finish is available today. The black finish is expected late February 2023.
The Yamaha NS-2000A Floorstanding Speakers will be available in late spring 2023 for $3,999.95 MSRP each.
For more information: usa.yamaha.com
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023