CHAPSTICK! YOU ALL KNOW IT BUT WHAT DOES IT ACTUALLY DO FOR YOU?
ChapStick is by far the most noted and used brand of all lip balms. The brand name ChapStick is so popular that people use it in relation to all lip balm products, much like calling tissue Kleenex. ChapStick is manufactured by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare and sold in many countries around the world. But what does ChapStick actually do? It helps treat and prevent chapped lips, and more.
ChapStick also functions as a sunscreen available with SPFs as high as 50, and a skin lubricant to help prevent and protect chafed, chapped, sunburned, cracked and windburned lips. “Medicated” varieties are also available which contain analgesics to relieve sore lips.
Five Fun Facts Regarding ChapStick:
- It Doesn’t Moisturize – ChapStick doesn’t work by adding moisture to your lips, it works by protecting your lips from losing their own moisture. The wax creates a watertight barrier that prevents your internal skin moisture from escaping, softening your lips and keeping them feeling moist.
- The Little Bit You Ingest is Okay – Although the ingredients in ChapStick aren’t meant to be eaten, the amount you consume from licking your lips isn’t going to harm you, much like wearing your favorite lipstick.
- ChapStick Does Expire – Like most health and beauty products, a tube of ChapStick does have an expiration date. You’ll likely use the product before it expires, as one container of ChapStick is meant to last two to three years.
- Lips Aren’t The Only Place to Use ChapStick – Much like petroleum jelly, ChapStick can be applied to other parts of your body than just the lips to soften skin and help hold in moisture. You can use ChapStick around your nose in cold weather to prevent chapping, apply it to your nail cuticles and tame unruly eyebrows.
- Special Flavors – ChapStick is available in special flavors developed in connection with marketing partners such as Disney or charitable causes like breast cancer awareness. Some of these flavors include Cherry, Grape Craze, and Blue Crazeberry.
For soft, natural, gorgeous lips that are sure to shine, apply ChapStick in the morning and evenings, or as a protective base coat before swiping on your lipstick.
For the many of you who use ChapStick regularly, here are a list of Ingredients in regular flavored ChapStick: arachidyl propionate, camphor, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, D&C red no. 6 barium lake, FD&C yellow no. 5 aluminum lake, fragrance, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, light mineral oil, methylparaben, octyldodecanol, oleyl alcohol, paraffin, phenyl trimethicone, propylparaben, titanium dioxide, white wax, proponal. Its net weight is 4 grams or 0.14 ounces.
Although most people have no ill effects from using ChapStick, some of you may be allergic to certain ingredients. Always read the ingredients list of all lip products to ensure your health and safety before using the item for the first time.
ChapStick for lips that are soft, supple and smooth! Now you know all that ChapStick will do for you!
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com
- Hama, A German Electronic Manufacturing Firm, Enters the Indian Market November 27, 2022
- Packers Updated Outlook: ED Justin Hollins Claimed November 27, 2022
- Rams Updated Outlook: A’Shawn Robinson Out in ’22 November 27, 2022
- Pirates Updated Outlook: 1B Carlos Santana Signed November 27, 2022
- Bears Updated Outlook: OG Lucas Patrick Out November 27, 2022