This article contains commentary which reflects the author’s opinion
Get The Real News Delivered To Your Inbox
Yikes: China threatens war on Taiwan and promises not to hesitate
While America and its allies are engrossed with Russian tanks rumbling across the border and the West’s reaction to the invasion, China is taking advantage of the distraction to start rattling the saber over Taiwan, promising it will not hesitate to invade if necessary.
According to a source familiar with the matter, Chinese military officials have frequently said the Taiwan Strait is not international seas during discussions with US colleagues in recent months, causing worry inside the Biden administration.
The Pentagon treats the Taiwan Strait as international waters and said in a statement, “The United States will continue to fly, sail and operate wherever international law allows, and that includes transiting through the Taiwan Strait.”
- Rebecca Horvath
- Rebecca Horvath is an editor and writer for NRN. For nearly a decade, Horvath wrote a regular Community Voices column for the Johnson City Press, where she was known to ruffle a few feathers. In 2018, she began writing for the National Federation of Republican Women, interviewing and profiling candidates such as Sen. Martha McSally and Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith. Horvath also contributes to Net3d.home.blog.
- Registrations open for Retail Technology Show 2023 December 9, 2022
- Timbaland, Pusha T, And More Attend! ‘Earn Your Leisure’ Takes Over Art Basel December 9, 2022
- Tessuti marks its Ireland debut at Victoria Square December 9, 2022
- Döner Shack named best fast-casual franchise in the UK December 9, 2022
- Central Co-op has given 68,000 hot meals to those in need as part of its Goodwill To All campaign December 9, 2022