CNN Set To Air Documentary About The Life And Legendary Career Of Dionne Warwick
Hollywood has an ongoing love affair with documenting the lives and careers of celebrities courtesy of biopics and documentaries—and the latest subject is none other than Grammy award-winning legend Dionne Warwick. CNN recently announced its plans to air an exclusive, feature-length documentary about Dionne Warwick, including an in-depth look at her career and interviews with some of the biggest icons in music.
CNN plans to ring in 2023 by airing a new documentary that is sure to please music lovers. @Deadline reports, CNN Films is set to air ‘Dionne Warwick: Don’t Make Me Over,’ with an official premiere slated for New Year’s Day 2023 and limited commercial interruption. Tracing her career through its beginnings back in the early 1960s, the documentary is said to blend “archival footage with personal photographs, and newsreels of Warwick’s career.” Via press release, CNN Films also added that Dionne Warwick has an active role in the film and “largely tells the story of her music and life for the film.”
A host of celebrities are included in the project, speaking about Warwick’s iconic status within the music industry. Celebrities featured include: Burt Bacharach, Clive Davis, Snoop Dogg, Bill Clinton, Berry Gordy, Elton John, Cissy Houston, Quincy Jones, Alicia Keys, Gladys Knight, Olivia Newton-John, Smokey Robinson, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Valerie Simpson, and Stevie Wonder.” There will also be a deep dive into the making of her notable classics, such as ‘That’s What Friends Are For,’ ‘Do You Know the Way to San Jose?,’ ‘Alfie,’ ‘Heartbreaker,’ ‘I Say A Little Prayer,’ and more.”
Although not as widely discussed as her music, the documentary sheds light on her advocacy and allyship for racial equality and justice, women’s rights, and LGBTQ+ rights. ‘Dionne Warwick: Don’t Make Me Over’ will be available to stream live for subscribers on New Year’s Day and streaming On Demand the following day. It will also be available for viewing on HBO Max a short time later.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023