Co-op serves-up its newest store in Kent community – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
Co-op has launched its newest store in Kent to serve the Peters Village community near Wouldham, Rochester.
The new, near 3,000 sq ft, store will run on 100% renewable electricity and support up to 15 local jobs.
Opening between 7am-11pm daily, Co-op’s newest store includes customer car parking, a free ATM, Fairtrade coffee machine and bakery, alongside an extensive focus on fresh; healthy products; meal ideas; everyday essentials; Fairtrade products; food-to-go; award winning beers and wines; ready meals and free-from; vegan and plant-based products – including Co-op’s exclusive vegan range, GRO.
Amazon parcel collection is also available for added ease and convenience.
A funding boost is provided locally through Co-op’s Membership programme. Membership of the Co-op not only unlocks additional value through in-store offers and, sees Members rewarded with 2p in every pound they spend on Co-op branded products which is added to their own personal Membership account balance, but the Co-op also donates the same amount to local causes and community organisations.
Students who are TOTUM cardholders – the new name for NUS extra – also receive a 10% discount off groceries at the Co-op.
Mark Jones, Co-op’s Store Manager, said: “We have had a great response – we are delighted to have the opportunity to launch Co-op’s newest store. Our aim is to operate at the heart of local life and we are looking forward to welcoming Members and customers into their new Co-op – we have worked to create the range, choice, products and added services to create a really compelling offer to serve the community with Co-op’s quality and value, conveniently.”
Co-op has more than 4M active Members, and alongside Food, it operates: Co-op Funeralcare, Insurance and Legal Services.
More information about the benefits of Co-op Membership is available by visiting https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
- Australia’s IRAP Assessment Recognizes Boomi To Provide Comprehensive Security Controls November 28, 2022
- Clinical Nutrition Market Size is expected to reach at USD 87.1 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 8.6%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Pre-Mature Births November 28, 2022
- Balenciaga Denounces Child Abuse & Promises To Do Better In Latest Apology November 28, 2022
- Buffalo Supermarket Shooter Pleads Guilty To Domestic Terrorism & Murder Charges November 28, 2022
- “I Got To Turn Jail Into Yale” November 28, 2022