Consumer Affairs Secretary Meets Indian Edtech Consortium (IEC) to Review Progress on Consumer Interest Initiatives
The India EdTech Consortium (IEC) met the Secretary of Consumer Affairs Sh. Rohit Kumar Singh to showcase the positive work done by the self–regulatory body in keeping the interest of learners and consumers at the forefront.
IEC members acknowledge the encouragement of the Secretary and seek to collaborate and create a more conducive and robust ecosystem through a qualitative framework in collaboration with a joint working group.
Taking note of the conversation, the industry members shared the ‘Code of Conduct’ which is instrumental in enhancing and promoting seamless and transparent offerings in relation to ethical sales, and marketing communications.
The discussion also spotlighted the effectiveness of the two-tier Grievance Redressal mechanism introduced by the IEC, which has been able to resolve 99%+ of the issues raised on average, since its inception.
The IEC explained the grievance redressal process and the role of the Independent Grievance Review Board (IGRB) – which has been set up to oversee the alignment and adherence to the Code of Conduct which comprises of Dr. Justice B.S. Chauhan – retired Judge of the Supreme Court, Dr. Aruna Sharma – a distinguished bureaucrat and experienced industry veterans like Mr. Anand Sudarshan amongst others.
- Sustainability an Important Consideration in E-Commerce Purchasing According to New FedEx Research December 8, 2022
- Hinduja Tech Acquires Drive System Design, Expands Leadership in the Global eMobility Industry December 8, 2022
- AltoVita Secures $9.5M Series A Investment to Redefine Corporate Accommodation Technology Across the Globe December 8, 2022
- Web3 and Music combine – introducing Clef December 8, 2022
- Mets Updated Outlook: Justin Verlander Lands in NY December 8, 2022