Continental Equips The All-Electric Mercedes EQB With Special EcoContact 6 Tyres
By Martin Alva
Wed Jun 29, 2022 at 9:58 am
Image 1 – Continental & EQB_enhanced
Image 2 – Continental & EQB 2_enhanced
Image 3 – Continental EcoContact 6_enhanced
Premium German manufacturer, Continental is now the official supplier of tyres for the all-electric Mercedes EQB. The latest SUV from the EQ range from Mercedes-Benz will come as standard with Continental’s economical 19 inch, EcoContact 6 tyres.
The EcoContact 6 is characterized by its outstanding energy efficiency as well as its superior handling and braking performance. Continental has lowered the rolling resistance of the EcoContact 6 by 15 percent compared with the previous model. The specially developed rubber compound minimizes friction when the tyre is in contact with the road surface, which means that it absorbs less energy and, in turn, rolling resistance is reduced.
The EcoContact 6 recently showed off its energy efficiency as part of the summer tyre test organized by German trade magazine Auto Zeitung (issue 6/22), in which it beat nine other tyres from European, Asian and U.S. manufacturers in a rolling resistance test. In addition, it also offers excellent cornering stability even at high speeds. The tread profile constantly adapts to the road surface, ensuring a longer tyre life.
Automobile manufacturers all over the world rely on Continental as a leading supplier of tyres. In Europe, almost one in three cars roll off the assembly line fitted with Continental tyres. with the German brand proudly supplying seven of the world’s ten most successful makers of electric vehicles with new, eco-friendly tyres.
- ‘We’ll Always Be Family’ Tia Mowry Says She And Kids Plan To Spend The Holidays With Cory Hardrict December 8, 2022
- McIntosh’s MC451 Dual Mono Power Amplifier Unleashes the Hybrid Drive December 8, 2022
- M&S and bp pulse to bring EV charging to customers December 8, 2022
- Rolling Ray Responds To Accusations Of Scamming His Followers December 8, 2022
- CitySprint partners with Crisis for 12th year to support those facing homelessness December 8, 2022