CVS & Rite Aid Pharmacies Begin Limiting Purchases Of Plan B Pills
Folks all over the United states have been in an uproar after several stated moved to make abortion illegal over the weekend. The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade on Friday has caused an increase in the need for emergency contraceptives, and major drug stores are reportedly limiting the sale of Plan B pills per customer.
Ride Aid’s Senior Manager of External Communications Alicja Wojczyk revealed the news to CNN in an email saying:
Due to an increased demand, at this time we are limiting purchases of Plan B contraceptive pills to three per customer.”
NBC news reports that while CVS still has “ample supply” of the contraceptives, the company has placed a temporary purchase limit on them to allow all customers access if needed, Ethan Slavin, a rep from CVS Health said.
We have ample supply of Plan B and Aftera across all of our CVS Pharmacy stores and CVS.com. To ensure equitable access and consistent supply on store shelves, we’ve implemented a temporary purchase limit of three on these products.”
Plan B and Aftera are brands of pills used to reduced the chance of pregnancy after having unprotected sex. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the pills are not to be used as birth control. The ACOG also stated that they do not cause abortions.
Using (emergency contraception) does not cause an abortion. An abortion ends in existing pregnancy. EC prevents pregnancy from occurring. EC must be used soon after unprotected sexual intercourse to be effective. It does not work if pregnancy has already occurred.”
It is unclear when these temporary purchasing limits will be lifted.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Megaport Adds Cloud and Networking Sales Veteran Jeff Tworek to the Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer November 29, 2022
- 4Fin Raises Seed Round of USD 1M, Also Gets NBFC License from RBI November 29, 2022
- The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu November 29, 2022
- Multimodal Supply Chain Visibility Startup Intugine Raises Rs 19 Cr in Pre-Series A November 29, 2022
- Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Market Size is expected to reach at USD 8.2 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.2%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Autoimmune Disease November 29, 2022