DTS Play-Fi Expands to More Products and Capabilities [Updated]
Following up on its previous announcement DTS was expanding the reach of its Play-Fi wireless audio ecosystem deeper into a home theater, more details which specific brands and products have been released.
The new Play-Fi products launched include TVs, soundbars, speakers, amplifiers, and AV receivers. DTS has also made upgrades to Android and iOS mobile apps that work across products and brands supporting DTS Play-Fi.
Some of the features that DTS Play-Fi supports for home theater applications include:
- Option to use a Play-Fi-enabled soundbar, discrete Play-Fi-enabled speakers, or the TV’s built-in speakers as the front channels for the TV.
- Add Play-Fi-enabled speakers as surround speakers for a TV or soundbar to envelop the listener in sound.
- Add up to two Play-Fi enabled subwoofers, to bring deep, room-shaking bass to your TV
- Utilize Play-Fi’s complementary functionality, like a multi-room grouping of the TV with Play-Fi enabled speakers for music, TV audio, and app-based headphone listening.
New and recently announced products that are expected to support Play-Fi include (not all products have been released as of the published date of this article):
Philips TV’s (Globally Except for North America)
- OLED+ 936 Series
- OLED+ 986 Series
- PML9636 Series
- PML9836 Series
- Klang bar5 mr 5.1.2 Soundbar
- Klang mr1, mr3, and mr5 Speakers
Philips Soundbars and Speakers
- Fidelio B95
- Fidelio B97
- TAW6205 Wireless Home Speaker – $199 at Amazon
- TAW8506 Subwoofer
Heading into 2022, the Play-Fi ecosystem continues to grow, adding new partners, including Vestel and Kanto Audio. Expect further product announcements from these partners later in 2022.
UPDATE JUNE 16, 2022: Immersive Audio and More Products
In addition to the previously discussed DTS Play-Fi Home Theater features and products, more has been added.
In addition to being able to accommodate 2 subwoofers and surround speakers, DTS Play-Fi now supports up to 7.2.4 channel speaker setups for immersive surround sound. This allows Play-Fi Home Theater compatibility with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and IMAX Enhanced content when available.
Tip: All compatible DTS Play-Fi devices support Hi-Res Audio 24-bit/192kHz playback.
Newly announced product additions include all 2022 Philips Ambilight TVs running on Android TV including “The One” (PUS8807), Philips MiniLED/LCD PML9507 TV, and the full Philips OLED TV lineup. 2021 Philips TVs supporting Play-Fi Home Theater will receive an OTA upgrade supporting the latest features.
In addition to products previously announced and listed above, the following Philips audio products will also include DTS Play-Fi Home Theater features:
- Philips Fidelio FB1 7.1.2 Soundbar
- Philips Fidelio FW1 Subwoofer
- Philips Fidelio FS1 Speaker
- Philips B8907 Soundbar
- Philips B8507 Soundbar
NOTE: Philips miniLED, OLED, Ambilight TVs, and some audio products are not available in the U.S.
For a more detailed run-down on what DTS Play-Fi is and how it may improve both your multiroom music listening and home theater audio experience check out our companion article: DTS Play-Fi Home Theater is Coming to Your Living Room
- Focal Celestee Headphones: Review – ecoustics.com November 27, 2022
- Katupalli Port, Part of Adani Ports, Procures Electric Vehicles ITVs November 27, 2022
- Hama, A German Electronic Manufacturing Firm, Enters the Indian Market November 27, 2022
- Packers Updated Outlook: ED Justin Hollins Claimed November 27, 2022
- Rams Updated Outlook: A’Shawn Robinson Out in ’22 November 27, 2022