Elon Musk Alleges Twitter Is Hiding Key Witnesses In Lawsuit Over Him Backing Out Of $44 Billion-Dollar Buyout
Despite the trial not beginning until October, the ongoing drama between Elon Musk and Twitter continues to heat up—and now Elon is hurling some fresh allegations at the social media giant. Elon Musk has just accused Twitter of deliberately hiding key witnesses he needs in the lawsuit, alleging that the move is out of retaliation.
@Bloomberg reports, Elon Musk is slamming Twitter with brand new allegations leading up to the company and Musk’s October trial. He is now alleging that Twitter is hiding key witnesses in their messy legal battle, stemming from him deciding to officially back out of his previous $44 billion-dollar buyout of the company. Elon Musk claims that Twitter is refusing to produce names of employees responsible for determining how much of Twitter’s customer base is made up of spam and robot accounts—which is the main reason that Musk had a change of heart about acquiring the company.
Courtesy of a recent letter sent by his attorneys, Musk’s lawyers asked the judge presiding over the case, Kathleen St. J. McCormick, to force Twitter to release the identity of the employees, so the defense can gather their records for questioning.
The letter was filed earlier this week, giving Twitter five business days to formally decide what should be removed from the filing as proprietary information. Although he is known to be highly active on Twitter, Elon Musk has yet to comment on this latest legal issue publicly.
Want tea directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023