Facebook Suppressed Hunter Biden Laptop Story After FBI Warning
Posted On August 25, 2022
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in an interview released Thursday that Facebook suppressed the New York Post’s report about Hunter Biden’s laptop after the FBI warned the tech giant about misinformation.
Asked by podcast host Joe Rogan about Facebook’s approach to the Hunter Biden report, published in October 2020, Zuckerberg said, “The background here is the FBI, I think, basically came to us … and was like, Hey, just so you know, like you should be on high alert. … We thought that there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election. We have it on notice that basically there’s about to be some kind of dump … that’s similar to that.”
The Meta CEO contrasted Facebook’s approach with Twitter, which completely banned sharing the Post article.
“The distribution on Facebook was decreased, but people were still allowed to share it,” Zuckerberg said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast. noting that the social media giant was waiting on fact checkers to give a verdict on the report “So you could still share it. You could still consume it “
Asked by Rogan how significantly the distribution was affected, Zuckerberg did not give an exact figure, but said the impact was “meaningful.”
In the years since the Post’s Hunter Biden articles, other news outlets, including the New York Times and Washington Post, have reported that emails from the laptop appear authentic.
“So the FBI preemptively warned Facebook off Hunter Biden laptop reporting,” tweeted Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., adding: “This same agency effectively laundered Russian [disinformation] in the 2016 election in the form of Steele dossier. And later lied to a court to get wiretaps.”
Other Republican lawmakers also reacted on Twitter:
Have an opinion about this article? To sound off, please email [email protected] and we’ll consider publishing your edited remarks in our regular “We Hear You” feature. Remember to include the URL or headline of the article plus your name and town and/or state.
The post Facebook Suppressed Hunter Biden Laptop Story After FBI Warning appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- The Daily Signal
- The Daily Signal is a guest author for NRN. They deliver investigative and feature reporting and the most important political news and commentary. The team is committed to truth and unmatched in knowledge of Washington’s politics and policy debates. They tell these stories in formats that respect your time and intelligence.
Kelly Offield is an investigative journalist and columnist for NRN, specializing on Big Tech’s control of information. Click the red bell on the bottom left to turn on NRN’s website notifications and watch Kelly Offield’s author page to follow the developments of his column.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023