Fake Teen Doctor, Now 25, Sentenced For Stealing Over $10K
Once a scammer, always a scammer? That’s the question after Florida officials hauled Malachi Love-Robinson back to prison for his third known scam in less than ten years. Malachi gained notoriety in 2016, at 18, after impersonating a doctor, opening a fake clinic, and using both to steal thousands.
Last week, the 25-year-old received a prison sentence of two years and four months in Palm Beach County, Florida. The ruling came after he pleaded guilty to grand theft and an organized scheme to defraud.
According to court documents reviewed by BuzzFeed News, the former fake doctor worked as a salesperson in 2020. Love-Robinson’s employer, the United States of Freight, connects shippers with trucking companies, among other shipping needs.
Malachi pleaded guilty to stealing more than $10,000 during his employment. He stole the funds by directing customers to make payments to an account registered in his name rather than the company’s authorized accounts. Love-Robinson also received payments using Venmo and Paypal.
Malachi’s scheme was exposed after the company owner Dan O’Sullivan spoke to customers about their payments. After O’Sullivan confronted Malachi, the former Doctor Love admitted to accepting direct payments via text messages.
“I swear I wasn’t thinking, and I will make it right,” Robinson-Love texted O’Sullivan. “I get these compulsive stages and do things without thinking.”
His 28-month sentence comes after he was first arrested in January 2021.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023