French Montana Says Record Labels Are Taking Out Life Insurance
French Montana had a lot to say about the music industry about death in a recent interview with DJ Akademiks. While speaking, he said,
“We was beefing for real. People were like dying and this and that. It was blocking a lot of money. People didn’t want to touch you.” He added, “Somebody gets shot, your rap friends stop picking up. The label stops picking up. It gets crazy.”
However, things shifted when he talked about life insurance. French told Ak that labels are preying on artists passing away. Ak asked if the labels are “signing an artist in good faith if they take out a life insurance policy?” French responded that it’s just another way for them to profit.
“You’re preying on his death,” he said. “You’re preying on making millions on his death.” Although French agreed that the labels are realistic, he added, “You’re supposed to have life insurance anyway, but when the label does it if you don’t have one, that’s crazy.”
Some of the Roommates shared their opinion about French’s comments. Lil Duval stepped in and said,” This ain’t new tho. Most companies got life insurance on their employees.”
It’s no secret that being an artist can be a deadly job, as some have become victims of gun violence. Some victims include Young Dolph, Nipsey Hussle, and Slim 400. As we recently reported on July 6th, Eric Holder was found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Nipsey Hussle.
The convicted murderer is facing a lifetime in prison. Dolph’s suspected killers, Justin Johnson and Cornelius Smith, are currently being held on bond. If you recall, both men are charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, being convicted felon in possession of a firearm, employment of a firearm during a dangerous felony, and theft of property over $10,000.
Roommates, do you think that record labels are wrong for doing this?
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023