Fully Electric C40 Recharge Continues Volvo Cars Five-Star Streak In Euro NCAP Safety Testing
By Martin Alva
Mon Jun 27, 2022 at 12:13 pm
Fully electric C40 Recharge continues Volvo Cars five-star streak in Euro NCAP safety testing (1)
Fully electric C40 Recharge continues Volvo Cars five-star streak in Euro NCAP safety testing (2)
The fully electric Volvo C40 Recharge has been awarded a five-star safety rating in the 2022 Euro NCAP tests, joining its siblings in the Volvo Cars line-up as one of the safest cars on the road today.
The rating continues Volvo Cars’ five-star streak in Euro NCAP testing, as all tested Volvo models on sale today received five stars in their respective Euro NCAP assessments.
The C40 Recharge scored especially well on occupant safety and driver assist systems, helped by one of the most extensive standard safety offers in its segment. Among many other scenarios, these safety technologies help drivers detect and avoid collisions, remain in their lane and reduce the impact of accidentally running off the road.
“We always aim to be a leader in safety,” said Malin Ekholm, head of the Volvo Cars Safety Centre. “That means we adhere to strict safety standards in all of our cars, many of which we helped establish over time. No matter which Volvo you choose, you and your loved ones will drive one of the safest cars on the market.”
Launched in 2021, the C40 Recharge is Volvo Cars’ second fully electric model. In coming years, Volvo Cars plans to roll out a whole new family of pure electric cars, one of the industry’s most ambitious electrification plans.
Volvo Cars was the first established car maker to commit to all-out electrification and aims to sell only pure electric cars by 2030. Already by 2025, it aims for half of its global volume to consist of pure electric cars. Reflecting Volvo Cars’ ambition to be an industry leader in safety, the upcoming generation of Volvo models also aim to set new standards in safety.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023