GACL and NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd. (NTPC-REL) signed MoU to collaborate in the field of renewable energy and green chemicals
This is a first-of-its-kind novel initiative between leading CPSE and State Government Promoted Company to support the country’s commitment to achieve renewable energy targets and reduce greenhouse emissions.
Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited (GACL) was established in the year 1973 in Vadodara, Gujarat to manufacture Caustic Soda and allied products. Promoted by the Government of Gujarat, by harping on cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking research and development, and through strategic diversification, GACL has emerged as one of the largest manufacturers of caustic soda with around 12% share in domestic caustic soda market. From an initial capacity of 37,425 TPA caustic soda, the organization has enhanced its capacity to 4,30,000 TPA and the facilities are spread over 2 complexes at Vadodara and Dahej. From its two facilities, GACL now offers 36 products. GACL is also the first state promoted enterprise to adopt renewable wind energy to fuel its progress. The Organisation has a current total installed Wind Power capacity of 171.45 MW and 35 MW Solar Power Project for its captive use, which cater more than 25% of its energy requirements. For more information about GACL visit: www.gacl.com
NTPC-REL is a wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC Limited and has been incorporated to develop Renewable Energy Projects and Parks including development of various Green Hydrogen Energy Solutions, Battery Energy Storage Solutions in a focused manner.
- WriteSome Raises Pre-seed Funding of Undisclosed Amount to Expand its App to Mass Market December 1, 2022
- IppoPay Acquires Roamsoft Technologies to ramp up developer base December 1, 2022
- Movate Recognized as a Market Leader in ISG Provider Lens™ Future of Work – Services and Solutions 2022, U.S. December 1, 2022
- PrimeOS Raises $1 Mn in Seed Round, Provides Partial Exit to Early Backers, Including VCats, at 3X Valuation December 1, 2022
- Speakin Raises Pre-Series A Round, Welcomes Top Tech Doyen as Investor December 1, 2022