Grameen Udyami Project Launched in Jharkhand to Promote Entrepreneurship Amongst the Tribal Youth
On this occasion, Union Minister of Tribal affairs, Mr. Arjun Munda stated that our complete focus is on strengthening sustainable livelihood for tribal populations and with this, the central government has sanctioned a budget of 85,000 cr. exclusively for tribal areas.
To recall, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs has partnered with tech giants — Microsoft and Meta (formerly Facebook) — for training tribal youth in digital skills and technology.
Mr. Munda, who launched the programme today, said, “Grameen Udyami project will prove to be game changer for the tribal communities of Jharkhand and will extend the right opportunities to them to stand on their own feet. He urged gram panchayats, villages, and blocks to bring these initiatives to youth for their progress.”The training under the project will be conducted in the following Job roles which are relevant to the local economy.
- Electrician & Solar PV Installation Technician
- Plumbing & Masonry
- 2-Wheeler Repair & Maintenance
- IT/ITES with e-Governance
- Farm Mechanization
Grameen Udyami Yojana is implemented under Sansadiya Parisankul Yojana. A two-day conference of Honorable MPs was held in Mumbai to discuss the upliftment of tribal communities in January 2020 in which various experts and government organizations shared their experiences. Further, Scheduled Tribe organizations called for a ‘Parliamentary ST Cluster Development Project’ which has been initiated. Under which, 49 clusters in 15 states of India have been selected by 40 tribal MPs of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. Under their leadership, the scheme in respective clusters will be implemented. One development associate is appointed by the MPs in each cluster.
Following objectives must be achieved under the project:Increase in Rural/Local Economy
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Reduce forced migration due to lack of local opportunities
- Conservation of natural resources
Due to lack of skill and education, organized sectors have very poor contribution in tribal livelihood as compared to the national average. Therefore, initiatives like Grameen Udyami project are critical for their betterment and to ensure their livelihood generation.
- These Wedding Guests Were Flying High After A Florida Caterer Served Them Marijuana-Laced Food November 30, 2022
- Virginia Walmart Shooting Survivor Sues Company For $50 Million November 30, 2022
- Dividend Stock Watch List: Lanny’s December 2022 Edition November 30, 2022
- Model Claims Hacked Page, Denies Pregnancy By Rocky Bivens November 30, 2022
- STPI Selects 40 Indian Startups for US Exposure Under their “Building the Next Unicorn” Initiative November 30, 2022