“Having Lost Our King, That Was A Lot To Process”
If you thought the trailer for the ‘Black Panther’ sequel had you in your feelings, imagine how the cast felt while shooting it! Lupita Nyong’o recently gave some insight into the process of continuing the legacy of Wakanda without King T’Challa.
While speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, the actress opened up about proceeding with the highly anticipated film after the shocking loss of co-star Chadwick Boseman, who died after a private battle with colon cancer.
For us as a cast, having lost our king, Chadwick Boseman, that was a lot to process, and in many was, we’re still processing it. When you love someone, I don’t know when you stop missing them. And of course, we felt it so much, making this film without him.”
Despite the tough mourning process, Nyong’o said that being able to “make this film against all odds” is something that she’s very proud to have accmplished.
It was very therapeutic. It restored a sense of hope for me in making it, and I think we’ve expanded the world of Wakanda in way that will blow people’s minds–not just Wakanda, but the ‘Black Panther’ world. It’s gonna blow people’s minds, and I just cannot wait until it’s not a secret anymore.”
The film’s description speaks to the “next chapter” for Wakandans, who aim to show strength and tenacity after T’Challa’s passing.
As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita) and Everett Ross (Marin Freeman) and force a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda.”
The preview of T’Challa’s funeral had Black Panther fans in their feels! Check out what people had to say below:
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or https://my.community.com/theshaderoom
- Dividend Stock Watch List: Lanny’s December 2022 Edition November 30, 2022
- Model Claims Hacked Page, Denies Pregnancy By Rocky Bivens November 30, 2022
- STPI Selects 40 Indian Startups for US Exposure Under their “Building the Next Unicorn” Initiative November 30, 2022
- IKEA to invest £12m in pay and cost-of-living support package November 30, 2022
- Sook partners with Transport for London to welcome local businesses to Shoreditch and Hammersmith November 30, 2022