Lil Nas X is no longer putting limits on his fashion choices! The 23-year-old rapper and artist has shown up and shown out when it comes to his personal style. From his gold armor suit, to his risqué outfit changes, the ‘Montero’ star has been walking billboard of fearlessness and self-love.
In a recent interview with PEOPLE, Lil Nas X explained his definition of personal style.
Style is a form of self-expression. It’s a way to show people who you are, or at least how you want them to perceive you. I feel like to get further in life, you have to shed skins and do things that you normally wouldn’t.”
Nevertheless, Nas recently revealed that he was apprehensive about wearing a skirt in his hometown of Atlanta, where his family and loved ones would be present to watch him perform.
I was really nervous about going on stage in front of my family and everybody in my cute, little Coach skirt. But as soon as I walked out, I felt like I was setting my younger self free. Afterwards, my family–a lot of whom used to believe in everything opposite to what’s up on that stage–told me they were really proud. I feel like I’m changing some minds.”
Per usual, Lil Nas X put on an energetic and provocative show worth paying for, but ran into some hiccups on another tour stop. While preparing for his show in Boston, Nas stated that he was met by religious protestors holding signs that read, “Jesus is God even demons know it” and “Repent and Believe the Gospel.”
Nas had one of his crew members offer the protestors pizza, which they declined.
One of the protestors was actually really cute, and I called him out on Twitter, but I haven’t heard from him. He’s either laughing or having a really hard time in the group chat right now!”
Take a look at some of Nas’s most iconic fashion lewks!
- Watchfinder & Co. to set new industry standards with launch of its own marketplace in 2023 December 2, 2022
- Hobbycraft is launching Personalisation Stations in 31 stores across the UK for Christmas shoppers December 2, 2022
- SCA: How merchants can prepare this festive shopping season December 2, 2022
- Fintech KreditBee Raises $80 Mn in Series D December 2, 2022
- Robots roll-out in Yorkshire as Starship Technologies and Co-op bring autonomous food delivery to Leeds December 2, 2022