Iceland recreates Netflix Blockbuster with a frozen turkey
Iceland has unveiled a new film worthy of a Royal premiere. The Turkey Crown. A retelling of Netflix’s The Crown.
Inspired by real life events – the current turkey shortage – Iceland has promised to guarantee a bird fit for royalty this Christmas, a move which is celebrated in the re-worked credits.
Its mouth-watering visuals are set to music reminiscent of the opening of the Netflix series, transforming the humble festive turkey crown into a majestic feast – all without a scandal in sight.
The film celebrates Iceland’s Christmas promises:
- As competitor prices have soared the supermarket promises to freeze all prices of its own-label frozen turkeys.
- Every customer applying for Iceland’s Turkey Insurance is also promised a Christmas delivery slot and guaranteed a turkey no matter what.
Caspar Nelson, Marketing Director at Iceland Foods said “We bow down to Netflix’s family orientated drama and pay homage to the fictional dramatisation in our version of The Crown.
We do want to point out the differences though. Our version is inspired by the real-life events of a frozen turkey and the political and personal events that shape a delicious Christmas dinner.”
The jewel in the films crown is Iceland’s rotating Luxury Perfect Turkey Crown (£20, 2.2kg). The extravagant one-minute film takes viewers on a delectable journey as the turkey is cooked to perfection, drizzled with the award-winning Iceland Luxury Turkey Gravy (£1.75, 350g).
Customers will need to register for Iceland’s Turkey Insurance by 18th November to ensure their festive centrepiece wings its way to them by Christmas.
To watch The (Turkey) Crown visit: www.iceland.co.uk/the-turkey-crown and find the video across @IcelandFoods social media channels.
Iceland’s Christmas range is available in store and online now; https://www.iceland.co.uk/christmas
- Nilkamal Partners With Haptik To Deliver Seamless Customer Experience Across Platforms December 9, 2022
- ONGC and Norway’s Equinor Plan Mega Project for Carbon Capture and Storage of 1.5 Mn Tonne of CO² December 9, 2022
- PrepInsta Partners with the K. Ramakrishnan Group of Institutions to Future-Proof the Next Wave of Engineers December 9, 2022
- Schneider Electric Applauded by Frost & Sullivan for Decreasing Unplanned Downtimes/Outages and Carbon Footprint with Its Sustainable Switchgear December 9, 2022
- Locus Launches Delivery Linked Checkout, A First-Of-Its-Kind Integrated Capability Enabling Retail Businesses to Achieve Profitability in Last-Mile Logistics December 9, 2022