IIFL Wealth in Association With VCCEDGE Launches Its Second Edition of India Invests Report for FY2022
Business Wire India
- Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC)/Seed funds accounted for 59% of investors in FY22, followed by angel investors at 32%
- The Information Technology (IT) industry continued to lead, increasing by 81% YoY, and accounting for 46% of the overall PE exit deal activity
- M&A turned out to be the preferred route for exits, contributing 54% to the overall exit activity
- Domestic M&A deals contributed to 61% of the total deal value, witnessing a rise of 34% YoY
- Early-Stage Deals continue to top the chart by contributing 80% to the overall deal activity
The second edition of India Invests Report 2022 was launched at TiEcon 2022 – India’s largest Unicorn Summit at the Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai. Click link to download report: India Invests Report 2022.
with a 50% increase in investments as compared to FY21. The IT industry continued to lead, both in terms of deal volume and value, increasing by 81% on a YoY basis, and accounting for 46% of the overall PE exit deal activity.
turned out to be a preferred route for exits as they contributed to 54% of the overall exit activity followed by Secondary Sales and Equity Capital Market, which contributed 21% and 13% respectively to the overall exit activity. M&A saw a tremendous increase in transaction value and deal activity, with a surge of 17% and 33% YoY, respectively. In FY22, the number of M&A deals remained strong at 969, with a total deal value of $55.84 billion. There were 637 domestic M&A agreements worth $33.92 billion, representing a 34% increase in value and a 46% increase in deal activity from FY21. Interestingly, the top ten transactions of FY22 account for 43.41% of the entire deal value.
the amount and number of funds raised, increased significantly by 46% and 23% respectively, on a YoY basis. PE investors have had a good year in terms of exits. FY22 had an all-time high exit value and a 116% rise over the previous year. Exit activity, surged by 24% YoY, due to PE-backed IPOs.
Startups captured a large portion of PE deals – 1710, representing 68% of the overall PE deal activity.
The India Invests Report 2022
The India Invests Report 2022 is the second edition of a regular series, which IIFL Wealth and Asset Management in association with VCCEDGE publishes bi-annually.
- Balenciaga Designer Finally Apologizes For BDSM Ad Scandal December 2, 2022
- Video: Are The KEF LSX II Better Than A Sonos System? December 2, 2022
- Twitter Debates Over ‘Work Husbands & Wives’ In Wake Of ‘GMA’ Scandal December 2, 2022
- Social Media Found Lydia MacNair’s Family In Less Than 10 Hours December 2, 2022
- Parimatch App in India Review | 2022 December 2, 2022