- The new Collect Near You points, located within select Tesco carparks, will allow customers to collect their IKEA order for free over £200, or £10 for all other orders
- The test and trial will be launched with the first site in Blackburn on 10th October
- A gradual rollout will see six further pilot sites go live in Doncaster, Cambridge, Dereham, Bolton, Stockport, and Liverpool
IKEA has announced it will be collaborating with Tesco in an exciting new test-and-trial to expand on its existing Collect Near You offering, providing customers with more convenient, accessible, and affordable collection services across the UK.
A first for the UK, the Collect Near You service will launch in Blackburn on the 10th October, and is designed to offer customers the option of collecting an IKEA order from a designated area within their local Tesco car park.
When placing an order online, customers will go through the usual checkout option and select the Collect Near You service for their local Tesco. Following IKEA click and collect signage within the Tesco carparks, customers will arrive at a designated Collect Near You pick-up point at their chosen date and time, and meet with a delivery driver and vehicle who will hand their order over to them.
Following the launch in Blackburn, six further Collect Near You points are planned for Doncaster, Dereham, Stockport, Bolton, Liverpool, and Cambridge later this year, making it easier than ever to shop with IKEA in these areas. A full list of Collect Near You points in collaboration with Tesco this year is as follows:
- Tesco Blackburn Superstore
- Tesco Doncaster Extra
- Tesco Cambridge Newmarket Road Superstore
- Tesco Dereham Extra
- Tesco Bolton Horwich Extra
- Tesco Stockport Extra
- Tesco Liverpool Old Swan Superstore
Trialling the concept that is currently live in Denmark and Portugal, IKEA and Tesco will run the pilot for an initial period of six months in the UK, with orders over £200 free to collect and £10 for all other orders.
Julie Carr, Fulfilment and Multichannel Network Manager, IKEA UK & Ireland, says: “We are proud to be collaborating with Tesco to test-and-trial more convenient, accessible, and affordable collection services in the UK across a number of key locations. This collaboration recognises that in an ever-changing retail environment, there is an opportunity to work together to bring IKEA closer to the many people.”