India is the Global Gateway for Bio Agri Solutions: Dr Venkatesh Devanur, Secretary, BIPA
|Venkatesh Devnur seen addressing BioAgri 2022|
2day India’s biggest BioAgri conference concludes
- India is the global gateway for Bio Agri Solutions:Dr Venkatesh Devanur, Secretary, BIPA.
- Many MNC companies like Koppert, Velagro make in India and sell in India. TradeCrop, Yara, Acadian, CHN Hansen, Sumitomo, and Novozymes are importing and selling.
- BioAgri Industry in general has not attracted much funding: Ram Kaundinya, Founder Think Ag.
- Bio Agri input market in India comprises of Bio-stimulants whose market is worth Rs 1810 crore; Bio-fertilisers Rs 1095 crore; Bio-Pesticides Rs 845 crore and Organic fertilisers Rs 1980 crore: A. Kulandaivel, Rallis India
- The next BioAgri 2023 conference will be held in Hyderabad on December 7th and 8th.
The two-day India’s biggest BioAgri conference, “BioAgri-2022, the second edition concludes in the city at Hotel Park Hyatt on Thursday late evening.
The highlight of day two was the session on the theme “India: Global Gateway for BioAg solutions”. It was moderated by Dr. Venkatesh Devanur, Secretary of the BIPA-BioAgri Inputs Producers Association.
The panellists of this session were A. Kulandaivel from Rallis India spoke on the huge domestic market potential in India and the level playing field. He gave an overview of the market value of Bio Agri input market in India which comprises of Bio-stimulants market at Rs 1810 crore; Bio-fertilisers Rs 1095 crore; bio-pesticides Rs 845 crore and Organic fertilisers at Rs 1980 crore. Rallies India serves farmers through science he said.
Peter Maes, Director of Strategy of Koppert addressed through his video message on India–A Sourcing Destination.
|Ram Kaundinya seen addressing BioAgri 2022|
Ram Koundinya, Founder of Think Ag addressed Funding Opportunities through the Make in India initiative. He outlined funding opportunities. Bio Industry in general has not attracted much funding he said. There are some incubators for BioAgri like CCMB AIC, C-Camp (BLR), IKP, Ag Hub, aIDEA. The funding of bio-enterprises has not been very high so far, he observed. There are several reasons. One reason is the lack of cutting-edge research work. Also, it is due to regulatory uncertainty and the market opportunity is not understood by investors. While a lot of investments flowing across all categories, biotech has just attracted 1% of investments he said and added that export-oriented manufacturing is a good attraction for investors. He suggested that an ecosystem needs to be built. Investor education is required to promote funding bio-Agri inputs.
|Deligates seen at BioAgri 2022|
|Prem of Mrut Drones seen addressing BioAgri 2022|
Similarly, he gave examples of other companies such as Valagri, TradeCrop, Yara, Acadian, CHN Hansen, Sumitomo, and Novozymes are importing and selling. MNCs can bring technology/IPs to India. Come to India, invest in India, produce in India, sell in India and export from India, he concluded.
BIPA is a trade body of BioAgri Input Producers in India. 200 plus delegates participated in the two-day conference.
BioAgri is an international series of conferences and exhibitions initiated by BIPA last year in Hyderabad. The participants came from India and abroad involved in the production and supply of biological agri inputs for sustainable agriculture, informed Dr. Venkatesh Devanur.
The next BioAgri 2023 will be held in Hyderabad on December 7th and 8th.
Media Contact: Solus Media, D.
- Bengaluru Outrace Pune in Office Market Activity in H1 FY-2023 December 2, 2022
- Santa takes Elizabeth Line to Selfridges December 2, 2022
- Watchfinder & Co. to set new industry standards with launch of its own marketplace in 2023 December 2, 2022
- Hobbycraft is launching Personalisation Stations in 31 stores across the UK for Christmas shoppers December 2, 2022
- SCA: How merchants can prepare this festive shopping season December 2, 2022