Indian Startups Now Take 5 Yrs to Reach $100 Million from Zero in Revenue Comparing To 18 Yrs Earlier
The report further said, “There are about 100 unicorns and 170 sunicorns in India। Of these 270 shining stars, more than 40 startups in fintech, ecommerce and logistics have exceeded $ 100 million in revenue by FY 2022। “It has taken 5 to 12 years for these startups to reach this scale.”
The report noted that on current valuations, it gives about 4.5 times the return on their investment for VCs. Rohan Agarwal, partner of Redseer Strategy Consultants, said, “Tam extension customized solutions, fit product market, improve profitability and operational efficiency, Our industry experts help take startups to heights and solve their challenges.
There are about 12,000 startups in India, whose revenue classification is less than ( 10 million dollars ), Growth stage ranges from ( $ 100 million ) to large ( 100 million dollars to over $ 1 billion ). Of these, 95% are in the emerging category, 3-4% are in the growth phase and less than 0.5% of companies are large.
Venture capital has played a critical role in assisting start-ups to reach the revenue milestone. Moreover, investors add tremendous value to the companies they fund. In addition, the knowledge of governance, financial prudence, and networks brought by VCs is invaluable for start-ups.
Factors such as inadequate profitability and operational, organisational, and governance limitations are the main problems that cause start-ups to fail.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023