Isaiah Lee Hit With 270-Day Sentence For Tackling Dave Chappelle
Isaiah Lee, the man who tackled Dave Chappelle during a stand-up show, has pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor charges related to the incident. As a result, he’s been slapped with a 270-day county jail sentence.
Isaiah Lee Attacked Chappelle While Armed With A Replica Gun
As The Shade Room previously reported, the situation went down at the Hollywood Bowl back in May. Footage showed Isaiah rushing Dave in the middle of his set, though security swiftly got the matter under control.
Troublingly, Lee was reportedly armed with a replica gun, which was was able to “eject a knife blade.”
We should also add that video from the incident showed Isaiah being wheeled off in an ambulance with a cringe-worthy arm injury. Additionally, Chris Rock, who was at the event, took the opportunity to crack a joke about his own onstage altercation.
“Was that Will Smith?”
The Assailant Said He Popped Off After Being ‘Triggered’
While in custody, Isaiah spoke out and alleged that he attacked Chappelle after being “triggered” by his jokes about the LGBTQ+ community. Additionally, Dave’s commentary on homelessness and pedophilia also allegedly played a factor in Isaiah’s attack.
He shared, “I wanted him to know what he said was triggering. I wanted him to know that next time, he should consider first running his material by people it could affect.”
Isaiah Lee Is Due In Court Next Month Over Unrelated Charges
On top of his situation with Dave Chappelle, Isaiah Lee has other upcoming legal matters to handle.
According to Deadline, the 24-year-old is due back in court on January 16 over attempted murder charges. The outlet reports that the incident went down last year, and it involves Isaiah allegedly stabbing his roommate at a transitional housing facility.
What do you think about Isaiah Lee’s 270-day jail sentence?
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023