“It Took 2,555 Days Before I Saw My Breakthrough”
Sammie’s music career started when he was just 12 years old and it’s safe to say, his journey through the industry has not been an easy one. His 1999 hit ‘I Like It,’ alongside his record deal with Records, put Sammie on the map, and 23 years later, he’s opening up about the hardships he’s endured while trying to reignite his career.
In an Instagram post, Sammie got candid about the struggles he’s faced in the last decade.
June 30th 2016 (I went viral for the 1s time via The Shade Roon)…I was four mortgages behind in attempt to fund my career and take care of my family simultaneously & car-less for 3 years. I had to sacrifice the turn ups and living well in order to set myself up for THE now.”
Despite battling financial hardships and experiencing betrayal from his closest friends and family, Sammie shared an encouraging message about perseverance, success and his relationship with God.
That lead to 4 record deals. 3 albums, 5 ep’s and now 5 worldwide tours in the last 6 yrs (I’m on 6yr run). 4/20 2018 I reached six figures and from there I just kept building. It took 2,555 days before I saw my breakthrough (that’s 7yrs for those doing the math.”
His message continued saying:
And quite honestly thought I’m humbled and blessed beyond measure, I’m far from done or satisfied! I dream BIG because my God is BIGGER. Keep going world.”
If you haven’t been keeping up, Sammie recently took part in one of the biggest hit-for-hit battles to date in June, when he hit the stage with Ray J, Pleasure P and Bobby Valentino.
Sammie revealed that the Verzuz battle changed his life as he is now part of the R&B supergroup ‘RSVP’ alongside those same music legends.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023