It’s A Wrap! Desus & Mero Confirm Split & End Of Their TV Show
The rumors of Bodega Boys, Desus Nice & Mero splitting, are true! The late-night talk show hosts confirmed on Twitter that they are pursuing separate creative endeavors. They also confirmed that this is the fifth & final season of their Showtime series.
“Showtime’s late-night talk show Desus & Mero will not be returning for a fifth season. Its final episode aired Thursday, June 23.”
According to Variety, Showtime said,
“Desus Nice and The Kid Mero have made a name for themselves in comedy and in the late-night space as quick-witted cultural commentators.”
The statement continued, “Throughout its run, the series won a WGA Award, received Critics’ Choice nominations, and scored interviews with President Barack Obama, President Joe Biden, Derek Jeter, Missy Elliott, Denzel Washington, Charlize Theron, David Letterman, Yo-Yo Ma and many more. They have been brilliant hosts, and we wish them the best, along with the team at JAX Media and the incredible crew.”
Some of the Roommates felt that Desus hinted at issues with his former co-host after he didn’t acknowledge him in the tweet confirming the split. One commented, “Desus not mentioning Mero in his tweet…..It’s OVER over.”
The Bodega Boys had a long run before the ‘Desus & Mero’ show. If you recall, they started as a late-night series on Viceland in late 2016 before securing the bag at Showtime. The series became the network’s first-ever late-night show.
Reports also state during the initial launch, the show aired once a week before its expansion to two nights a week. During Season Four, they returned to a once-a-week format and added J.D. Amato to serve as showrunner and executive producer.
We wish Desus and Mero the best of luck in their new endeavors!
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023