JBL Synthesis SDA-1700 Subwoofer Amplifier: CEDIA 2022
There are very few companies that make loudspeakers for commercial movie theaters as well as home cinemas. JBL is one such brand, and their JBL Synthesis range represents their state-of-the-art components and loudspeakers for a dedicated home theater space.
A complete JBL Synthesis home theater system includes in-wall or stand-alone loudspeakers and subwoofers, amplifiers, preamps and surround sound processors. Depending on the configuration, a complete JBL Synthesis home theater system can range from $10K to $250,000.
The Synthesis subwoofer models are all passive designs requiring external amplification and that adds an additional expense to any home theater system.
When the new JBL Synthesis SDA-1700 Class D subwoofer amplifier starts shipping soon, customers will have a more affordable entry point.
The “entry-level” (not really) JBL Synthesis subwoofer/amp combo will set you back $2,420.
Priced at $1,320, the SDA-1700 provides a 2RU rack mountable amplifier solution designed to power the JBL Synthesis SSW-4 dual 8-inch in-wall passive subwoofer ($1,100) — delivering 350W to a single SSW-4 or 700W to a pair.
Tip: The SDA-1700 can also be used with systems using the JBL C82W In-wall Subwoofer.
The SDA-1700 includes convenient front-panel volume control, while the rear-panel controls include crossover, phase, single-band PEQ (Parametric Equalizer), and module EQ (Equalizer). The rear panel controls allow for fine-tuning by custom installers.
SDA-1700 Core Features
- Low distortion and Low noise.
- Short-circuit Protection.
- Over-temperature compensation.
- Signal sensing for automatic turn-on and turn-off.
- One set of analog audio inputs.
- Two dual banana-compatible speaker connections.
- Housed in a 2RU chassis, the unit ships with rack ears for mounting in traditional enclosure racking systems.
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Power Output: (RMS) 700 Watts @ 4 ohms, (Peak Power) 1500W
- Rated Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Low Pass Crossover Range: 50-150Hz
- THD+N at Rated Output Power: < 1%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio to 1W: > 65dBA
- EQ1 Settings: Specific for JBL Synthesis SSW-4 In-wall Subwoofer
- EQ2 Settings: Specific for JBL C82 In-wall Subwoofer
- Dimensions (HDW): 3.50 x 11.04 x 17-inches (88.90 x 280.3 x 431.8 mm)
- Weight: 14 lbs (6.35Kg)
From Jim Garrett, Senior Director, Product Strategy and Planning, HARMAN Luxury Audio: “With its dedicated equalization and protection circuitry, the SDA-1700 provides installers with a tailor-made, lower-cost solution for optimizing the performance of SSW-4 in-wall subwoofer modules. Furthermore, the amplifier pairs perfectly with an SDR-38 AVR used to power our SCL series architectural loudspeakers in a complete JBL Synthesis home theater system.”
Availability & Pricing
The JBL Synthesis SDA-1700 is available for a manufacturer-suggested retail price of $1,320 via Authorized JBL Synthesis dealers.
Other compatible products available through Authorized Dealers include:
For more information: jblsynthesis.com
- Paytm Payments Services Ltd to Resubmit Application for Authorization to provide Payment Aggregator Services November 26, 2022
- MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar Inaugurates Digital India Startup Hub at STPI, Davanagere in Karnataka November 26, 2022
- How to Choose the Right Slot Games for Maximum Fun November 26, 2022
- Amazon Shutting Down Its Edtech Offering in India Operations from Aug 2023 November 26, 2022
- Black Friday Headphone Deals: Up to 63% Off Sennheiser Headphones and Earbuds November 26, 2022