Jennifer Lopez Says That Sharing The Super Bowl Stage With Shakira Was The “Worst Idea In The World” In New Netflix Documentary
In less than a week, Jennifer Lopez will premiere her Netflix documentary ‘Halftime,’ which is all about her co-headlining Super Bowl halftime show performance with Shakira. In a scene from the documentary, Jennifer Lopez reveals that she was not happy to share the stage with Shakira—-and called it the “worst idea in the world to have two people do the Super Bowl.”
Elsewhere in the scene, Jennifer explains that a large part of the reason she was upset was the show’s very restrictive time constraints. “They said 12 minutes. I got kind of a good confirmation that we could have an extra minute or two, so now we’re at, like, 13, 14 minutes. I think, Shakira, what we should have is you should have half the time and I should [have half].”
She added a little bit more to her frustration with the double-headlining and said, “If it was going to be a double-headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes. That’s what they should’ve f**king done.”
Jennifer Lopez wasn’t the only who felt that she should have taken the Super Bowl stage alone, as her long-time manager Benny Medina also didn’t hold back on his opinion:
“Typically, you have one headliner at a Super Bowl. That headliner constructs a show, and, should they choose to have other guests, that’s their choice. It was an insult to say you needed two Latinas to do the job that one artist historically has done.”
‘Halftime’ drops exclusively for streaming on Netflix on June 14th.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Hinduja Tech Acquires Drive System Design, Expands Leadership in the Global eMobility Industry December 8, 2022
- AltoVita Secures $9.5M Series A Investment to Redefine Corporate Accommodation Technology Across the Globe December 8, 2022
- Web3 and Music combine – introducing Clef December 8, 2022
- Mets Updated Outlook: Justin Verlander Lands in NY December 8, 2022
- Phillies Updated Outlook: Trea Turner Inks Big Deal December 8, 2022