Johnny Depp Rakes In Over $3.6 Million After Debut Art Collection Sells Out In Hours
Over the course of his acting career, Johnny Depp has been known as somewhat of a “shapeshifter,” and his unique ability to morph into the characters that he portrays has earned him many accolades. The actor is now reportedly making millions from his artwork, which he debuted at a gallery in London on Thursday.
According to The Sunday-Times, Depp raked in more than $3.6 million after releasing 780 prints at London’s Castle Fine Art Gallery. The prints reportedly sold out “almost immediately” after going on sale. The collection, entitled ‘Friends & Heroes,’ features four portraits of stars Bob Dylan, Elizabeth Taylor, Al Pacino and Keith Richards.
I’ve always used art to express my feelings, and to reflect on those who matter most to me, like my family, friends and people I admire. My paintings surround my life, but I kept them to myself and limited myself. No one should ever limit themselves.”
The portraits were reportedly available for purchase separately at $3,973 each, and as a set of four for $15,040. According to the gallery, Johnny Depp created the collection to focus on “people he had known well, and who have inspired him as a person.”
Each image is an intimate reflection of their character in Johnnys’s eyes; a portrayal of how they have revealed themselves to him. From his dead friend Keith Richards, who inspired the mannerisms of the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow, to Bob Dylan, whose creative influence on the artist is seen in his vivid and immortal portrayal by Johnny.”
Looks like Johnny is moving gracefully in the wake of his defamation trial against Amber Heard, who was recently denied her request for a mistrial in the case.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Megaport Adds Cloud and Networking Sales Veteran Jeff Tworek to the Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer November 29, 2022
- 4Fin Raises Seed Round of USD 1M, Also Gets NBFC License from RBI November 29, 2022
- The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu November 29, 2022
- Multimodal Supply Chain Visibility Startup Intugine Raises Rs 19 Cr in Pre-Series A November 29, 2022
- Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Market Size is expected to reach at USD 8.2 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.2%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Autoimmune Disease November 29, 2022