Judge Grants Young Thug Motion To Suppress Key Evidence
On Thursday (Dec. 15), Young Thug scored an evidence win in his RICO Act case after a judge granted a motion to suppress evidence.
According to FOX 5 Atlanta, Thug made his first court appearance in months alongside his legal team, who was seeking the return of the artist’s property. In 2015, officials seized a cell phone, computer, and a small amount of marijuana from Thug’s home. Yesterday, his lawyers labeled the search “illegal,” casting doubt on the existence and credibility of the warrants.
Prosecutors were able to extract additional evidence from Thug’s seized cell phone. However, it’s unclear what kind of evidence they found (ie. texts, photos, videos, etc.)
The defense argued to keep the findings out of the trial, while prosecutors said there was no valid reason to return the phone. But Judge Ural Glanville ruled in favor of the defense. So, prosecutors cannot use the associated evidence in the upcoming trial.
According to Complex, Thug’s trial will begin on January 5, 2023. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Williams’ previously requested a trial delay until March 2023, but a judge denied it.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023