Los Angeles County Reports More Than 15K New COVID-19 Cases Over July 4th Weekend
While people were outside for the fourth of July, it appears that COVID-19 was standing right beside them!
According to FOX 11 LA, Los Angeles County officials reported 15, 413 new COVID-19 cases, in addition to 18 deaths that were linked to the virus over the weekend.
The county Department of Public Health reported 5,865 cases for Saturday, 6,020 cases for Sunday and 3,528 cases for Monday. Ten of the fatalities were reported for Saturday, five for Sunday and three for Monday.
In total, 3,140,615 COVID-19 cases have been reported in Los Angeles County and 32, 361 deaths.
Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer stated it was “crystal clear” that masks work against the spread of the virus. She added that “people are not, I think, heeding our request that people do put those masks back on indoors right now.”
Dr. Thomas Yadegar, Director of the Intensive Care Unit at Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center chimed in on the matter, and stated the sub-variants of the infection are more contagious.
What we noticed with omicron specifically is that the vaccines lost a lot of their effectiveness in terms of preventing infections and especially with other sub–variants, the spike protein has changed, so the previous vaccine is no longer as effective.
Encouraging a booster shot, Dr. Yadegar also stated:
There was a recent study that came out that showed that if you had the two shots, but did not get the booster, you’re essentially defenseless against omicron.
As of now, Los Angeles County is listed in the “medium transmission category,” but could move into high transmission, which may cause another mandate for indoor masks.
Roomies, what do you think of this?
- Commanders Updated Outlook: Cole Holcomb Out December 6, 2022
- Disgraced “GMA” Anchor T.J. Holmes Cheated With Other Staffers December 6, 2022
- Kenya Barris Accused Of Having ‘Biracial Obsession’ Ahead Of ‘You People’ Film December 6, 2022
- Man Accused In Takeoff’s Shooting Death Claims He’s Innocent December 6, 2022
- Tory Lanez Names Kylie Jenner And Corey Gamble As ‘Possible Defense Witnesses’ In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Trial December 6, 2022