Mahindra Introduces a New Range of the Thar Starting at INR 9.99 Lakh; Now Accessible to a Wider Range of Thrill-Seekers
- Now available in Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) as well as Four Wheel Drive (4WD) configurations
- With the new Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) range, the Thar is now accessible to a broader audience with a new starting price of INR 9.99 Lakh (ex-showroom)
- Introductory prices of RWD variants applicable on first 10,000 bookings
- Four Wheel Drive range is now equipped with advanced electronic brake locking differential
- Also available in two new exciting colour options – Blazing Bronze and Everest White
- Deliveries of RWD variants to begin from January 14, 2023
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., pioneers of the SUV segment in India, today introduced an all-new range on the Thar. The all-new range includes Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) variants in two engine options and enhanced capability in the Four Wheel Drive (4WD) variants. The Diesel variants of the RWD range come powered by an all-new D117 CRDe engine producing 117 BHP and 300 Nm torque (87.2 [email protected] rpm) with manual transmission. Powering the Gasoline variant of the RWD range is the mStallion 150 TGDi engine producing 150 BHP and 320 Nm torque (112 [email protected] rpm) with automatic transmission.
The new Thar range starts at an attractive price of ₹ 9.99 Lakh, making it accessible to a wider customer base of SUV buyers and to those who have always aspired to own this iconic SUV. The Thar offers a highly unique driving and ownership experience, exemplifying the promise of ‘Explore the Impossible.’
The 4WD variant now comes with an advanced electronic brake locking differential, which kicks in more aggressively. Developed in collaboration with Bosch, it will allow off-road enthusiasts to tackle low traction situations with more ease. For those who still prefer the mechanical locking differential (MLD), this will be available as an option on the LX Diesel 4WD variants.
|The Galaxy Grey|
The 4WD powertrain line-up remains unchanged. It is powered by the 2.0L mStallion 150 TGDi petrol engine producing 150 bhp of power & 320 Nm of torque and the 2.2L mHawk 130 Diesel engine producing 130 bhp of power & 300 Nm of torque. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The new Thar range takes the personalisation quotient to the next level. Two exciting new colour options – Blazing Bronze and Everest White are now available for customers to choose from. New accessory packs – comprising exterior and interior styling options – are offered in four different designs. Keeping in mind the needs of customers, front and rear armrests are being offered as accessories. The armrests come with built-in storage. Also, the rear armrests will be equipped with cup-holders and USB charging ports for greater comfort and convenience. The RWD range will be offered only with the Hard Top Option.
About All-New Thar – Range
- New Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) variants
- Diesel: an all-new D117 CRDe engine producing 117 bhp and 300 Nm with manual transmission
- Gasoline: mStallion 150 TGDI engine producing 150 bhp and 320 Nm with automatic transmission
- Enhanced capability of existing 4WD variants with advanced brake locking differential
- The 4WD range now comes with an advanced electronic brake locking differential to conquer challenging terrain effortlessly
- Two new exciting colours for RWD
- Blazing Bronze and Everest White
- New accessory packs
- The Thar sports an iconic design, but now can be personalized exhaustively with the new range of bespoke accessories
- Exterior and interior style packs in four different designs
- Front and rear armrest with storage to improve drive comfort. Also, the rear armrests will be equipped with cup-holders and USB charging ports for greater comfort and convenience
Pricing details (ex-showroom) below
AX (O) RWD – Diesel MT – Hard Top
INR 9.99 Lakh
LX RWD – Diesel MT – Hard Top
INR 10.99 Lakh
LX RWD – Petrol AT – Hard Top
INR 13.49 Lakh
*Introductory RWD price applicable on first 10,000 RWD bookings
About All-New Thar
A category creator of its own launched in 2020, the Thar attracts customers and enthusiasts with its quantum leap in unmissable presence, iconic design, breathtaking performance combined with everyday comfort, modern technology and safety features.
- Unmissable presence: A modern take on an iconic design, the All-New Thar, with its wide stance and iconic lines, stands out wherever it goes.
- Make epic trips in comfort: The all-new interiors have everything to make every trip comfortable and fun. It is equipped with sporty front seats, reclining rear seats, roof-mounted speakers and more.
- Retro cool meets new tech: The All-New Thar is loaded with tech that keeps customers connected with their Thar, their friends and the outdoors. It includes a responsive Touchscreen, Tyretronics and more.
- Excellent safety: Rated 4-Stars in adult & child safety by Global NCAP. With ESP, roll cage, ABS & Airbags, the Thar is equipped with all the safety gear to explore the impossible.
Social Media Addresses for Thar:
Brand website: https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/thar
Hashtags: #MahindraThar, #ExploreTheImpossible, #TharRWD, #NewTharRange
Founded in 1945, the Mahindra Group is one of the largest and most admired multinational federation of companies with 260000 employees in over 100 countries. It enjoys a leadership position in farm equipment, utility vehicles, information technology and financial services in India and is the world’s largest tractor company by volume. It has a strong presence in renewable energy, agriculture, logistics, hospitality, and real estate.
The Mahindra Group has a clear focus on leading ESG globally, enabling rural prosperity and enhancing urban living, with a goal to drive positive change in the lives of communities and stakeholders to enable them to Rise.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise/ For updates subscribe to https://www.mahindra.com/news-room.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023