McIntosh Expands Its CI Lineup With The MI502 Digital Amplifier
McIntosh Group pulled off a rather spectacular home theater demonstration at CEDIA 2022, in partnership with Kaleidescape, Trinnov Audio, and a number of other brands that was the talk of the show. CEDIA focuses on the home theater and CI categories and what didn’t get a lot of coverage were the new loudspeakers from Sonus faber and McIntosh components designed for those specific markets.
The CI market exploded during the pandemic and while consumers are being more conservative with their spending right now in the post-pandemic economy that is under significant inflationary pressure and still dealing with supply chain issues — the market is definitely in a period of growth.
Consumers have not rushed back into N. American movie theaters and multi-room audio system sales (both wireless and wired) have never been stronger.
McIntosh has an extensive range of CI products but not everyone wants power hungry class AB power amplifiers in their racks. The slimmer form factor gives CI installers more room to play with.
The new McIntosh MI502 2-Channel Digital Amplifier offers world renowned McIntosh sound quality using innovative closed loop digital switching technology with resilient power supplies to produce groundbreaking performance levels for custom install audio.
The MI502 boasts a variety of home entertainment uses including driving home theater speakers, in-wall subwoofers, or outdoor speakers, all delivering 500 Watts of power into 8 ohm speakers or 800 Watts into 4 ohm speakers.
In addition to several of the brand’s patented technology innovations, the highly efficient class D MI502 features two of McIntosh’s iconic blue watt maters that display the power output of each channel.
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving and damaging the speakers
- Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection
- Power Control 12 Volt triggering capabilities
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing
- Rack mountable with 2U height
- Runs quiet thanks to not needing a cooling fan
Price & Availability
The McIntosh MI502 will be available via US Authorized McIntosh Dealers beginning November 2022 with the rest of the world soon after, with an MSRP of $4,500 USD.
- Dividend Stock Watch List: Lanny’s December 2022 Edition November 30, 2022
- Model Claims Hacked Page, Denies Pregnancy By Rocky Bivens November 30, 2022
- STPI Selects 40 Indian Startups for US Exposure Under their “Building the Next Unicorn” Initiative November 30, 2022
- IKEA to invest £12m in pay and cost-of-living support package November 30, 2022
- Sook partners with Transport for London to welcome local businesses to Shoreditch and Hammersmith November 30, 2022