MeraTractor Secures ₹5Cr. in Pre-Series A Funding
- The new round of funding led by Vibhor Sahare, CEO & Co-founder ANS Commerce, Real Time Angel Fund and Digital Futuristic Angels Network
- The newly raised funds will be utilized as growth capital in increasing dealership business presence and enhancing technology to organize supply channels.
Meratractor, a Pune-based start-up and a ‘Phygital’ marketplace catering to farm mechanization products, has raised INR 5Cr. in Pre-Series A funding, bringing total capital raised to ₹7.25 Cr. post this round.
|(L-R) Sajith Abraham and Monak Gohel, Co-founders of MeraTractor|
“We liked the holistic ecosystem approach that the MeraTractor team is using to solve structural issues in the used tractor space. It’s a unique niche within the broader agri-tech space that can have a substantial impact in democratising tractor ownership” said the lead investors.
Agritech start-up, MeraTractor is trying to create an entire ecosystem to become a one-stop solution for all stakeholders engaged in the farm mechanization sector. Despite being asset-light, the company, which is a dealer-owned and company-operated model, controls the entire transaction and creates a sustainable business proposition for farmers, dealers, financiers and new tractor OEMs. Its dealership network is based out of rural locations which are slated to eventually become its gateway for tapping into the entire rural business opportunities related to the farm sector.
Commenting on the problem that the start-up is trying to solve, Sajith Abraham, Co-founder, MeraTractor, said, “There has been significant work in crop cultivation, in ensuring better yield, farm-gate solutions and a push from the government to improve farmer income. However, farm mechanization for Indian farmers, of which over 85% are smallholders, has been vastly missed out because of purchase capabilities. This creates challenges starting from discovery, financing facilities, and other key milestones in the process, making it difficult for an unassuming farmer. As a solution, MeraTractor is looking at bridging the gap between a smallholder farmer and access to farm mechanization / financial products.”
Highlighting the opportunities that lay ahead, Monak Gohel, Co-founder, MeraTractor, said, “The farm mechanization sector is on the verge of massive disruption and has created an environment for innovation that will help start-ups like MeraTractor address the inefficiencies in the sector. We believe farm power is an essential input in agriculture; hence, we are excited about the fundraise as it will help us to accelerate our journey in growing the network further by tapping into massive rural business opportunities that lie ahead.”
Some of the marquee investors that participated in the funding round were:
- Gaurav Gupta – CEO, Adani Capital
- Shashank Kumar – Co-founder, Dehaat
- Amrendra Singh – Co-founder, Dehaat
- Avinash Kumar – Founder, Credenc
- Arvind Kumar – Business Head of Agri division at Force Motors and Ex-CEO of Trringo (M&M group company) and Lemkin India.
The start-up intends to become a new-age manufacturer that will help dealers (Rural entrepreneurs in Tier 3 to Tier 6 Locations) sell farm mechanization products to small and marginal farmers. Its business model is built around creating a complete eco-system, which is a mix of physical and digital, and hence, called, ‘Phygital network’. The network is created to help partner dealers from supply of tractors, demand generation to sale of tractors, name transfer documentation, bringing in banking partners for tractor loans, and much more. The company’s revenue comes from creating value at each point of transaction.
MeraTractor was started by two ex-bankers to create an eco-system (Phygital network) that works to organize how farm mechanization products/rural financial products are sold in India.
Monak Gohel (Co-founder) – MBA Finance and CFA by qualification, Monak has more than 10 years of experience in Business Strategy, Investment Banking and Lending. He has worked at Kotak Mahindra Bank, CBRE, C&W, and Capital India Finance Limited (CIFL) In his last assignment, he was Associate Vice President at CIFL managing more than INR 500 Crs. of Urban Infrastructure portfolio.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023