Nipsey Hussle Honored With Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame On 37th Birthday, Lauren London Shares Touching Speech
Happy Birthday Nip! It’s an honor to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but to do so on ones birthday takes the cake. Nipsey Hussle’s star was unveiled on Monday morning and his beloved peers gathered in his honor.
Lauren London, Nip’s partner and mother of his son, took the podium and shared some inspirational words about the impact Nipsey had on his community before his tragic passing.
I wanna first start by saying Happy Birthday Hussle. And to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, thank you for acknowledging a visionary. I think I speak for the entire city of L.A. when I say we’ve always known Hussle was destined for greatness. This moment only amplifies that for us.”
Nipsey Hussle was a father, a partner, a brother, a son, a rapper, and an influential figure throughout his community. The legacy he left behind is one of perseverance and self-work, which fans remember with the phrase, “The Marathon Continues.”
Nip would’ve been honored by this moment. I think he would want everyone to remember that you can’t get to what’s possible unless you commit to moving forward. That doesn’t mean forgetting where you come from but it requires acknowledging the reality you were born into and the power you have to change that reality for the better.”
Many of Nipsey’s peers were in attendance at the ceremony including YG, Roddy Ricch, and Russell Westbrook. The late rapper’s family was in attendance as well.
So whenever you’re in the city of angels and you see this star, I hope it encourages you to break away from whatever might be holding you back and to run your marathon until God says that it’s finished.
As we previously reported, Nipsey Hussle was gunned down outside of his Los Angeles clothing store. The man responsible, Eric Holder, was found guilty of first-degree murder in July.
- LRN Corporation Completes Acquisition of Compliance Learning from Thomson Reuters, Creating the Largest Global Provider of Ethics and Compliance Learning Solutions December 2, 2022
- Rotel’s S14 Network Integrated Streamer is Roon Ready & All Out of Bubble Gum December 2, 2022
- iQuanti Wins Great Place to Work® Certification™ December 2, 2022
- LeBron James On Media Of Jerry Jones vs. Kyrie Irving December 2, 2022
- Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate Market Size is expected to reach at USD 17,258 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.6%, Owing to Growing Demand from Food and Beverage Industry December 2, 2022