Oop! Shakira Facing 8 Years In Prison If Found Guilty In $14M Tax Fraud Case
Not Shakira, Shakira! International superstar Shakira has been involved in an ongoing tax fraud case for years. And while the Spanish government has been on her neck, the ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ singer is not trynna cough up them coins!
After more than 5 years of investigation into Shakira’s finances, a Spanish prosecutor is asking that she be sentenced to 8 years in prison for allegedly failing to pay her taxes from 2011-2014. Shakira is reportedly fighting the case, claiming that she did not live in Spain during that time period.
According to Reuters, prosecutors are asking for an eight-year prison sentence and a fine of $23.5 million. The legal documents state that Shakira was a resident in Spain between 2012 and 2014 and purchased a family home in Barcelona in May 2012.
Shakira claims she paid 17.2 million euros ($17.5 million) that the Spanish government said she owed back in 2018.
A representative for the singer reportedly stated that she is “fully confident of her innocence” and that she believes the case is “a total violation of her rights.”
Fans across social media are rooting for her to beat the case in hilarious reactions.
— virgo’s groove (@lovedrawght) July 29, 2022
me distracting the guards so shakira can sneak out of jail pic.twitter.com/s6Pw7z5wUP
— mooteabh | former minor (@bamchaen) July 29, 2022
the spanish colonizers trying to rob my colombian queen’s money shall never succeed. shakira shall win this tax case.
— . (@shakiraxcub) July 29, 2022
Aside from her tax drama, the superstar is also dealing with the end of her marriage. ShaSha and her husband Gerard Pique announced they were separating in June after 12 years together.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- COREY LEWANDOWSKI: Money Isn’t The Only Key To Winning Elections November 28, 2022
- FORMER REP. JASON LEWIS: How The Census Saved The Democrats November 28, 2022
- DEROY MURDOCK: Election Deniers Won Big In The Midterms, But There’s A Catch November 28, 2022
- White Nationalism/Christian Nationalism: Leftist Labels and Manipulation November 28, 2022
- Aesthetic Laser & Energy Devices Market Size Will Attain USD 9.3 Billion by 2030 growing at 10.1% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 28, 2022