Spring is here, and with that comes sunshine, flowers, longer days and of course, pastel colors. Pastel colors are lighter, softer, more muted shades of some of your favorite colors, most notably pink, green, yellow, lavender, orange and blue. Soft pastels make a big splash in the fashion world in the color of garments, shoes, purses and nail polishes.
Yes, pastel manicures and pedicures are popular, pretty, and pleasing in spring.
Nail art is fun, beautiful, creative, and makes you feel good. We should all pamper ourselves with anything fashion and beauty!
If you prefer a professional manicure and/or pedicure, then by all means, treat yourself.
For those of you that prefer the do-it-yourself method, here are a few fun and easy tips you can do to paint your own nails in gorgeous pastel shades:
- File your bare, clean nails into your desired shape.
- Soak your fingers in warm soapy water for a couple minutes to soften the cuticles.
- Rub cuticle cream into the cuticles of the nails.
- Use a Q-tip or nail stick to gently push back the cuticles.
- Wipe your nails with a damp cloth to ensure that you remove any oils or residues left from the cuticle cream. Pat the nails dry.
- Apply a clear base coat of polish to the bare nails and let them dry (this permits the polish to stick to the nails easier and prevents smudging).
- Paint your nails with the fingernail polish color(s) of choice. Try the three brush stroke rule: one stroke of polish down the center of the nail and one stroke to the left and right side of the nail.
- Once dry, apply a topcoat of clear polish. This will provide a lustrous shine and help seal the color, eliminating chips and divots.
- If desired, display your unique creativity by decorating away! You can use jewels, glitter, decals, various colors of polish, etc. to add glitz, glamour, and pizzazz to your nails and hands!
Pastel nail art pleasing for spring! Or any season, actually.
Let’s give a hand to the glamorous nail art with pretty, pleasing, feminine shades of pastel polish for a look that’s well, perfectly polished.
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com