Paul Barton and PSB Unveil the Synchrony T800 Loudspeakers
When PSB Speakers asked us to host the global launch of the new Synchrony Series to commemorate their 50th anniversary, we were both honored and quite happy to participate. The Synchrony B600 and T600 loudspeakers are state-of-the-art loudspeakers from one of the most revered Canadian companies in the high-end audio world. Paul Barton has always placed enormous value on performance and value for your money; he has waved off all requests over the years to produce a PSB loudspeaker that is in the $10,000 to $20,000 range.
Enter the PSB Synchrony T800 Flagship Floorstanding Loudspeakers that will retail for $11,999 USD or $16,999 CAD.
What the Synchrony T800 Loudspeakers Offer
Building on the design of the T600 Tower Speakers launched in 2021, the T800s feature larger drivers, wider frequency bandwidth, and larger power handling capacity than the T600.
The T800 expands the Synchrony flagship series with improvements developed by the PSB acoustic design team, under the leadership of Paul Barton, to push the limits of speaker innovation since the brand’s founding in 1972.
The T800 Premium towers feature a 5-way transitional array employing three 8″ woofers, a 5.25-inch midrange driver, all featuring cast baskets and woven carbon-fiber cones, and a 1-inch titanium dome tweeter in a heavily braced MDF cabinet.
The new driver platform allows for a more open midrange and deep bass impact. Small gradations in sound, or micro-dynamics, are improved compared to the brand’s previous driver platforms. The driver assembly features Faraday rings, shorted turns, a longer voice coil, and a symmetrical magnetic drive, which all work in harmony to reduce driver distortion.
True to Nature Sound
The T800 Premium Towers furthers the Synchrony Series, by elevating PSB’s “True to Nature” sound to deliver the highest possible tonal accuracy, dynamics, impactful bass, transparent midrange, pinpoint imaging, and precise detail.
Tip: All PSB speakers, including T800s, are fine-tuned by a team of acoustic experts under the direction of PSB Founder and Chief Acoustic Designer, Paul Barton.
- Speaker Type: 5-way transitional array.
- Tweeters: 1 x 1-inch (25mm) titanium dome tweeter with Ferrofluid damping and neodymium magnet
- Midrange: 1 x 5.25-inch (133mm) midrange driver (Cast Basket Carbon, Fibre Cone Rubber Surround)
- Woofer: 3 x 8-inches (203mm) woofers (Cast Basket Carbon, Fibre Cone Rubber Surround)
- Ports: Each woofer is paired with a rear-firing port for each woofer.
- Frequency Response: 21Hz-23kHz (±3db), 24Hz-20kHz (±1.5db)
- Sensitivity: 91dB (listening room)
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Crossover: Linkwitz-Riley 4th-order acoustic crossover with high-voltage poly film capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire.
- Input Power (Recommended): 20 to 300 watts.
- Cabinet Construction: Low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle.
- Stabilization: Outrigger stabilizers with integrated IsoAcoustics isolators.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 14 7/8 x 47 3/4 x 15 5/8-inches (377 x 1212 x 396mm)
- Net Weight: 100 lbs/45.36 kg
- Finish: Satin Walnut Veneer, High Gloss Black with acoustically transparent magnetically attached grilles
Availability and Pricing
The T800 Synchrony Towers are available across North America for $11,999/pair USD or $16,999/pair CAD MSRP.
Also available at PSB dealer locations are the Synchrony T600 Towers and B600 Stand-mount Speakers in Satin Walnut or Gloss Black.
- T800 – $11,999/pair (coming soon)
Related reading: PSB Synchrony B600 Review
- Hundreds Feared Dead From Hurricane Ian, Death Toll To Increase September 29, 2022
- JBL Classic Series Loudspeakers Are Now Back In Black: CEDIA 2022 September 29, 2022
- Genrobotic’s Bandicoot Robot Emerged as the Winner of Swachhata Startup Challenge 2022 by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs September 29, 2022
- PnB Rock Killer’s Stepmother Reportedly Charged With Accessory September 29, 2022
- Sonus faber’s ARENA Loudspeakers Unleash Ci-Fi: CEDIA 2022 September 29, 2022